how do i get a new registration code for a disk copy of the game?

by brookecowd381

Original Post

Accepted Solution

how do i get a new registration code for a disk copy of the game?

★★★ Newbie

my partner purchased a second hand copy of the sims 3 starter pack and we are unable to install the game as the registration codes have been used but we were told that did not matter at the time of purchase, however this is not the case and we need to aquire new codes somehow... how do we do this?

Message 1 of 4 (241 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: how do i get a new registration code for a disk copy of the game?

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@brookecowd381  Return the game to the place you purchased it from. Once a game code is used it can not be re used. The discs are generic. With the change in DRM the old disc install is out of date - it is much easier to install from the download version from Origin which you could get if you had the code.

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (254 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

bear in mind this is for a disk copy NOT an online purchase like every other damned question and answer refers to.

Message 2 of 4 (237 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@brookecowd381  Return the game to the place you purchased it from. Once a game code is used it can not be re used. The discs are generic. With the change in DRM the old disc install is out of date - it is much easier to install from the download version from Origin which you could get if you had the code.

Message 3 of 4 (255 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Cheers for the information I was told it could be reused when purchased obviously not.
Message 4 of 4 (220 Views)