Re: how do i fix my graphics

by BlackjackWidow

Original Post

how do i fix my graphics

★★★ Novice

Back in February, there was a new patch when Sims updated the game or something, and now my game is ABSOLUTELY terrible in graphics. Here are some pictures how it looked before February and now in June. I've been complaining about it in the forums, but no one has been helping me! I've literally tried everything. I've deleted the files and the game off my computer, so I could see if that would work and of course it didn't work. Sadly, I didn't save my favorite sim by putting her in the gallery, but I think I made a replica of her. 

I even tried to change the graphic thingy to make it better, but it did nothing and even restart my computer, the game, and repaired. I don't want to play the game anymore. I've tried everything. I'm at a loss and there's nothing I can do about it. You can clearly tell the graphics are bad in the way it's jagged in the back of the first photo of the female sim.

poor graphics picture

This second photo is when it was better graphics, before February patch in the game. The cat picture was when the graphics were better.

10-12-20_9-29-36 PM.png

Message 1 of 6 (465 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Hi @laffin_out_loud - I moved your post to The Sims 4 technical forum for PC. Are you playing on a PC or a Mac?

Message 2 of 6 (429 Views)

[ Edited ]

@laffin_out_loud 

• Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time.

• Copy and paste or type "DxDiag" in the new field. (Without the quotes) > ENTER
  • wait until the green bar is gone > Click on "Save all information"
  • Save the file to your desktop.

• Here at AHQ > click on "Reply" > click on "choose file" > navigate to the "DxDiag.txt" on your desktop. > select the "DxDiag.txt" > click on "Open"

• Type a few words in the text box > click on "Submit"
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 3 of 6 (409 Views)

Bad Graphics PC

★★★ Novice

I've had this issue since February and I believe it happened after a new update or a new cache (something with a "C"). The graphics have been so bad like their choppy and jagged. I've been complaining about this for the longest time. It was something about the graphic number, because they lowered it to a 1024? I'm not sure. 

Here's evidence of what it used to be like: Morgana Le Faye portrait.png

10-21-20_1-41-38 AM.png

Now: You can tell by the plants in the background.06-18-21_1-27-17 AM.png06-23-21_5-50-33 PM.png

I have to put the graphics on high, because it looks awful, unless it's always been like this. It makes me not to play sims anymore. Can someone please just tell me what to do? I've tried a lot of things to fix it.

Message 4 of 6 (358 Views)

Re: Bad Graphics PC

@laffin_out_loud  I've merged your new post with your existing thread.  Please read the post immediately above your new one and provide the requested info.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 5 of 6 (340 Views)

Re: Bad Graphics PC

★★★★ Expert

@laffin_out_loud  Apart from answering all the questions asked; you could perhaps clarify what it is in the first picture that you think is jagged - since the bushes by the house facade always looks like that (perhaps I need my computer looked at too!). The greyish colour of some of them could be an effect of the season, perhaps it is spring; and the way some of them are green could be that they are debug, since those objects sometimes do not change according to seasons. Posting a picture that better show what you think is bad graphics would be enlightening.

Message 6 of 6 (302 Views)