Re: how do i change the lot type in sims 4 after the update last week?

by FallenAngel1326

Original Post

Accepted Solution

how do i change the lot type in sims 4 after the update last week?

★★★★★ Newbie

I dunno where the options went to change my lot types from residential, to others like bar, park, or whatever.

any ideas?

Message 1 of 12 (180,573 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

That would be a bug.

Try the solution given here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-WORKAROUND-Can-t-change-lot-type/td-p/5112129... and click me too on the first post there.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 4 of 12 (199,310 Views)

All Replies

Hero

You need to do it in buy mode. Click on the bar in the middle on the i. There you can change it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 12 (180,391 Views)

★★ Novice

Just clicking on the bar doesn't work for me. It says Generic lot, and when I go to click on that, it says not allowed for special lots. So which is it? Generic or Special hahaha

Message 3 of 12 (180,105 Views)

Hero

That would be a bug.

Try the solution given here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-WORKAROUND-Can-t-change-lot-type/td-p/5112129... and click me too on the first post there.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 12 (199,311 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

The message I am getting in game is that Lot Type can't be changed while Lot is Owned I. Do I buy the lot first then sell it or do I create the venue I want in Manage World Mode and then buy it.

Message 5 of 12 (180,021 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

You need to Change the lot type before you purchase the lot problem i have is is trying to buy it after but still working on it

Message 6 of 12 (163,157 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

What you need to do is click on the lot you wanna use, and click 'Build Mode'. Then on the top left hand corner, there will be a bit which says 'i' and click on that. Then click on the lot type (where it says 'Residential') and then you can change it. The game will give you a checklist of items which you need to fully make it, I've done it before and made a pool myself, which attracted many sims! 

Happy simming!

Message 7 of 12 (155,731 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

u have to be in build mode on unowned lot as far as i know that has been the same since I started Sims 4 if u did it before update might have fixed a glitch in your game

Message 8 of 12 (155,601 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Thanks
Message 9 of 12 (144,073 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This worked for me!!!

Message 10 of 12 (113,357 Views)