Re: household inventory not available after marriage

by crinrict

Original Post

household inventory not available after marriage

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? everything but Get Famous
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Be a vampire living in San Myshuno 2. Put everything you want to keep in the household inventory (fashion board thing, posters, coffin, etc.) 3. Marry and move in with Caleb Vatore (don't kick his sister out) 4. Go to household inventory to put all your stuff back in the house 5. You can't Frown
What happens when the bug occurs? I try to place things from the household inventory and it says "you can't move things that you don't own"
What do you expect to see? I should be able to place things without an issue
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I had actually restarted from my save just before the wedding before this happened because I decided to trade Lillith and my sim the first time and wound up with nothing at all in the household inventory. Also, in case you need to know anything else:

1. my sim is a vampire

2. she is in the fashion career in the trendsetter branch

3. At the wedding, none of the guests watched the ceremony (so rude! I wasn't able to get the gold medal because of that)

4. After the wedding, the game didn't automatically go to the household merge screen. I had to Ask To Move In.

5.The household inventory also shows double of everything, and I can sell it all (including the doubles)

I'm would just buy everything again, but there are a lot of collectibles, as well as two fashion design boards (one complete, one half-done) that I'd like to keep.

Message 1 of 4 (335 Views)

Hero
Did you only try this with Vampires or also with other Sims ? At what point did you remove your mods ?

When you try again (as it seems you still have a save from before the wedding) , does the same thing happen ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (323 Views)

Hero

Hi @CheerfulTulip 

were you able to solve this or do you still have issues ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 4 (310 Views)

Hero

Moving this to tech issues for further troubleshooting and info 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (302 Views)