herbologist aspiration isn’t available

by becci_harrison

Original Post

Accepted Solution

herbologist aspiration isn’t available

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I have downloaded outdoor retreat, the herbology aspiration doesn’t seem to be available. I have purchased the herbology books, my sim will read them but with no skill bar, & it isn’t listed within my skills. Has anyone got any advice please? 

Message 1 of 6 (373 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: herbologist aspiration isn’t available

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@becci_harrison  Thanks. It's called the "Outdoor Enthusiast" Aspiration, and is under aspiration category: Nature. If you cannot find it there, please try this:

Rename your user folder, to The Sim 4original. You will find it in Documents>Electronic Arts on your computer.
The do a repair in Origin: open Game Library, and right click on the icon for The Sims 4, and choose Repair. Wait till all the packs are done.

Then start the game again. You will now have a completely new user folder, with no files of your own in it. See if you can find the aspiration in CAS. 

(This is just for testing purposes. Your saves are all in the other folder and can be accessed as soon as you rename that back to: The Sims 4  - removing the word 'original', and delete the testing folder).

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (333 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Expert

@becci_harrison Are you playing The Sims 4? Do you have mods installed?

Message 2 of 6 (352 Views)

★ Novice

Yes sims 4, no mods installed 

Message 3 of 6 (344 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@becci_harrison  Thanks. It's called the "Outdoor Enthusiast" Aspiration, and is under aspiration category: Nature. If you cannot find it there, please try this:

Rename your user folder, to The Sim 4original. You will find it in Documents>Electronic Arts on your computer.
The do a repair in Origin: open Game Library, and right click on the icon for The Sims 4, and choose Repair. Wait till all the packs are done.

Then start the game again. You will now have a completely new user folder, with no files of your own in it. See if you can find the aspiration in CAS. 

(This is just for testing purposes. Your saves are all in the other folder and can be accessed as soon as you rename that back to: The Sims 4  - removing the word 'original', and delete the testing folder).

Message 4 of 6 (334 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks so much! That worked 👍🏼

Message 5 of 6 (292 Views)

★★★★ Expert

Great. If you want to use the new folder instead of the old one, the files that you need to move over to the equivalent folder is:

save files from folder saves
builds and sims files from folder Tray
any mods or CC from folder Mods

You need to redo the settings in game, or move over file: Options.ini
Any screenshots and videos you have made is in the folders named such. 

Message 6 of 6 (280 Views)