Re: help

by crinrict

Original Post

help

★★ Novice

hi, my sims 4 game is glitching because it has cubes where the x's should be and when I click on the three circles I see stars over all the words. I had the same problem last update and was wondering how to fix it or any broken mods/cc. Thanks!!!

Message 1 of 7 (244 Views)

★★★ Guide
@wc29778 I'm sorry, but you appear to be in the wrong forums.
Message 2 of 7 (233 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@wc29778 I suggest posting in this fourm instead: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

best of luck!
Message 3 of 7 (229 Views)

help

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? I don't know
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? island living, cats and dogs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? im not sure
What happens when the bug occurs? it shows stars over the words and boxes where the x's are.
What do you expect to see? stars on words and boxes over x's.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. it happens after every patch.

my sims game is broken and it shows stars over words like after the three dots and boxes where the x's.

Message 4 of 7 (235 Views)

Community Manager

@wc29778 

Thread moved to The Sims 4.

barry.png
Message 5 of 7 (204 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@wc29778 

Move your Mods folder to the Desktop and delete localthumbcache.package. Then test the game
If it works now check for updates to your Mods and CC. Add it back a little at a time while testing until you have found all that are broken.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 6 of 7 (194 Views)

Hero
@wc29778 Try repairing your game through Origin

As for broken mods/Cc, just check with the creators if they have updated, then replace the version you have or if they haven't been updated, remove them.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (187 Views)