Re: help with cc

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

help with cc

★ Novice

i have brought a new laptop and put my downloads onto my memory stick then copy across to my new laptop stupidly i didnt check to see if it moved before i deleted it from my usb. I have recovered the files i paste them into my download folder but not nothing loads up on my launcher it just shows a box 

Message 1 of 6 (609 Views)

@Rob1115  Please try the files individually, to see whether you can get some of them to work.  Move your entire Sims 3 user data folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts, and open the launcher to create a clean folder.  Move just one .Sims3Pack file to Downloads in the new folder and see whether it appears normally.  If it doesn't, don't try to install it; just set it aside and try another file.  Let me know whether any of them work.  It's possible that they were all corrupted by the move, but it's also possible that you have only a couple of bad files and the rest are fine.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 6 (574 Views)

★ Novice

could it be becuase i used data recovery progamme

Message 3 of 6 (486 Views)

@Rob1115  Yes, that could absolutely be the issue.  Recovery programs often don't recover every single bit of data, and if your custom content is missing data, it probably won't work.  You can still test a few of the files individually to see if you get lucky, but I wouldn't count on it.

Message 4 of 6 (479 Views)

★ Novice

its annoying because when i moved the files i created a shortcut not copy them, i had some good mods on there but i cant find them now

Message 5 of 6 (469 Views)

@Rob1115  You created a shortcut when you moved the files from where?  If the shortcuts are in your Mods folder, then of course the game won't recognize them.  Instead of dragging and dropping, right-click and Copy, then right-click in the destination folder and Paste.  Let me know if you mean something different.

Otherwise, if you're having trouble figuring out which mods you used, you could ask on a mod site like NRaas or Mod the Sims.  Just describe the functions you liked in your old mods, and someone will probably recognize the details or at least be able to tell you which mods you might want.  Both sites have forums where people can post questions.  I mean, you could ask me too, but I'm really only familiar with the most well-known mods and a smattering of others, so there's no guarantee I'd be able to help.

Message 6 of 6 (438 Views)