help, my game crashes before starting, no error messages?

by bekkamikaelson

Original Post

Accepted Solution

help, my game crashes before starting, no error messages?

★★★ Novice

I haven't been able to go on my computer in a while. When i started the sims today it opened, showed the whole intro, and stuck on the "SIMS 4" page immediately quit. NO error response whatsoever, just closed. I have, repaired my game, reinstalled origin, reinstalled the entire game, nothing works. I don't know what do do. It keeps closing right after showing the sims logo. Please help!

Message 1 of 11 (592 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: help, my game crashes before starting, no error messages?

@bekkamikaelson  The errors in your dxdiag look exactly like the ones that appear when Razer software is the problem, but that doesn't mean that Razer software is the only possible cause.  So please try playing in a clean boot:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-clean-boot-windows-10

When you reboot, go through the Task Manager's background list shutting down anything that doesn't absolutely need to be running.  If you accidentally kill the wrong process and it doesn't restart automatically, just reboot your computer again.

If you can play in a clean boot, you can start selectively reenabling services (same method as the clean boot, but in reverse) until you find the problem.  Please let me know what it turns out to be so I can add it to the list, so to speak.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 9 of 11 (434 Views)

All Replies

Hero

@bekkamikaelson 

If it has been a while since you last played, chances are the game has been updated since you last played.  If you are using any CC or mods, try removing them and see if the game will start.  What you are experiencing sounds like something caused by an out of date mod.  CC rarely causes something like that.  Out of date CC usually just looks weird in CAS or live mode.  So the issue is probably a mod.  So you will need to test them one at the time until you find the one causing the issue and then update or remove that mod.

Hope this helps.

Message 2 of 11 (546 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you for the response! Unfortunately, I've already taken out all my mods and redownloaded the sims 4, and it still isn't working.

Message 3 of 11 (533 Views)

★★★ Novice

My brother tried helping me and thinks it might be windows defender? but we don't know what to do

Message 4 of 11 (512 Views)

@bekkamikaelson  Please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Message 5 of 11 (501 Views)

★★★ Novice

Here's the DxDiag file, thanks in advance Standard smile

Message 6 of 11 (471 Views)

@bekkamikaelson  Please try disabling all Razer software before you play.  Go through the Task Manager's background processes list and disable anything that belongs to Razer, then launch the game.  If this helps, you can try updating the software—that might be enough to fix things—but if not, you'll need to wait for Razer to fix the issue.

Message 7 of 11 (467 Views)

★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict I tried this but it did not do anything. Are you certain it's because of Razer, is there anything else I might do? In any case thank you for helping me out!
Message 8 of 11 (440 Views)

@bekkamikaelson  The errors in your dxdiag look exactly like the ones that appear when Razer software is the problem, but that doesn't mean that Razer software is the only possible cause.  So please try playing in a clean boot:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-clean-boot-windows-10

When you reboot, go through the Task Manager's background list shutting down anything that doesn't absolutely need to be running.  If you accidentally kill the wrong process and it doesn't restart automatically, just reboot your computer again.

If you can play in a clean boot, you can start selectively reenabling services (same method as the clean boot, but in reverse) until you find the problem.  Please let me know what it turns out to be so I can add it to the list, so to speak.

Message 9 of 11 (435 Views)

★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict a clean boot worked for me!
Message 10 of 11 (394 Views)