help is it just me or are your ocean ladders bugging out all the time? IL

by siirysiir

Original Post

help is it just me or are your ocean ladders bugging out all the time? IL

★★ Pro

What I mean is that if I have those Island Living ocean ladders placed on my (obviously waterfront) lot, either the ones with that docking point or the ones without, their functioning is an absolute mess.

To start, there's a bug report for the boats/aquazips not being able to dock at all on the docking point ladders and if you're like me and they never work for you, go hit that "Me too" button.

But I didn't find reports on all the absolute buggy mayhem that happens in my game. Stuff like.. Sims won't jump down from the docking ladder. Sims climb down from one ladder, swim to another, climb it up and then jump down from that when I told them to jump down from the first one. If you direct a sim that is currently in the ocean to "Go to" the pier/deck that is just next to them, they will swim to shore and walk all the way there, even if the shortest route would have been taking the ladder just next to them. If you tell them to jump down from the docking ladder they jump down from the normal ladder. Sometimes they simply won't go up the ladder when they're swimming, they will just swim below the ladder and then the action just drops no matter how many times you try. Do you have stuff like this? D: I don't even know how to start with a bug report, it's such a hot mess. (and I'm running the newest version, removed all my mods and repaired my game.)

Message 1 of 4 (1,017 Views)

Re: help is it just me or are your ocean ladders bugging out all the time? IL

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@siirysiir  I tested:

Made a new folder and save, moved in a sim in Lagoon Look, Sulani. Placed a water ladder and a dock ladder, got an Aqua Zip and an Outrigger Canoe. Did the things you described: jumped down, directed them to Go Here on the pier, from the two ladders and it was fluid, they chose the closest ladder for the end point etc. 

Rode the Aqua Zip, both on the lot, the water on it; and around in the little bay, far from the lot. If Dock Here was chosen while on the lot, the sim immediately jumped down from the vehicle, and swam to the dock ladder and climbed up. 
If the sim was far away from the lot, they first rode to the home lot, close to the docking ladder, then jumped off and climbed the stairs. Screen shots of the proximity:

Home lot, on lot
dock here home on lot scooter.png

Home lot away from lot
dock here home away from lot scooter.png

Travelled to the community lot Sand Simolean Beach, dragged out the pier on the lot to deep water, placed the two Beach Items: Community Water Scooter Docking Point & Ladder, and the Community Canoe Docking Point & Ladder. They generate canoe and Aqua Zip. Rode around in my own as well as the community provided vehicles, on the lot and around the ocean. 
Same thing here, when using the community vehicles, if on the lot the sim directly jumped ship and swam to shore; if away they docked the boat.

Beach, on lot, the scooter to the right was the used one
dock here beach scooter on lot.png

Beach, away from lot
dock here beach scooter away from lot.png

If I used my own vehicle, the sims put it in their inventory as soon as they got to the lot from riding around away from it/recieved the order to Dock Here.

Every time the action Dock Here in queue was done, is was crossed over by a white thin cross, instead of as usually just disappearing; as if it was actually cancelled out. The only time it just went away from the queue was when my sim docked the canoe, climbed the ordinary ladder at home lot, then walked over to the docking laddder.

Dock Here cacelled out in queue.png

The pier at the beach created some strange behaviour, sims dropping through the floor, resetting in actions, not recognizing the borders. 

dock here community lot canoe 2.png

dock here sim in pier.png

I missed taking a screen shot of my sim dropping through the floor. I have had the same issues with this EA premade lot before, at that time I changed the foundation and did some other things, and that fixed it. I changed the foundation here too, but it happened still.

I also remember that I have seen the issues that you describe, about the messed up routing with the ladders, particularly on Lagoon Look, hence why I tested it. If I see it again, I will find this thread. I have learnt to bulldoze the premade lots, and rebuild from scratch, because they often cause issues, the build layout itself.

I clicked Me Too on the bug report, but I think it might be by design that the boats don't actually dock, just are left close by if the game gets enough time, the sim being away from lot when the order is given.

Message 2 of 4 (941 Views)

★★ Pro
@DonroaAkashu Thanks for taking a thorough look on this in your game! I wish we had a description straight from EA about how the docking is supposed to work, would be easier to define whether the behaviour is even close to intended. I couldn't get my vehicle to dock even if I was returning home from outside of the lot boundaries. :/

I'll try to test this more but now I've run into the simulation lag issue big time and it's.. testing my patience. I'll try and find a fix for the lag because with the lag, testing anything else (or just doing stuff in general) is so frustrating. :/
Message 3 of 4 (924 Views)

★★★★ Expert

Yes, I wish for EA to clarify a lot of things, both in the game and outside of it. 

I have read that the first iterations had a manual, in text form! That would be lovely.

Message 4 of 4 (916 Views)