have to buy game again on steam

by dandipup

Original Post

have to buy game again on steam

★ Novice

I've been playing the sims 4 on my computer for a couple of months and then I signed on to my mom's computer to play with my expansion packs while I was staying at her house and now that I've went back home it says  that I have bought the game and I need to buy and download it again even though it's still on my computer. I refuse to buy a $40 game again because of whatever mess this is how can I fix this?

Message 1 of 8 (460 Views)

Re: have to buy game again on steam

Hero
@dandipup Did you buy it on Steam before or on Origin ?

You def don't need to buy again. Did you log in with the correct account ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (423 Views)

★ Apprentice
@dandipup Make sure that you are on the right EA account. You can never loose a game from the account once the game code is redeemed. Best to contact EA help to get this checked.
Message 3 of 8 (386 Views)

★ Novice

I've checked several times that I'm on the right account and I'm struggling to find contact info for EA that works

Message 4 of 8 (380 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@dandipup Did you see my questions above ?

Did you buy the game on Origin or Steam ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 8 (378 Views)

★ Novice

I bought it through origin and I have checked several times that it's the right account. The game shows up in my game library with the correct amount of hours I've played but when I try to open it it sends me to steam  to buy it again

Message 6 of 8 (373 Views)

★ Apprentice
@dandipup Looks like that you might have purchased the Sims 4 base game twice. Once from origin and once from steam. Can you check and see if thats the case?

https://help.steampowered.com/en/wizard/HelpWithPurchase
Message 7 of 8 (362 Views)

Hero
@dandipup Could you add a screenshot of the message ? Is your Origin Account connected to Steam at all ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (317 Views)