half-wall trims as fences

by SwampyLive

Original Post

Accepted Solution

half-wall trims as fences

★★★ Novice

Issue with wall trims as fences not showing up: I downloaded Deligracy's Bailey-Moon manor, and saw that she had used the wall trim that came with Get Famous as a fence - I could copy the fence and place it elsewhere but the eyedropper would not work and this fence has never existed in my game. I found her youtube video on the build but she didn't mention anything about it. I saw that she also had the trims from Dine Out as fences. Are these fences debug items or something else? Here are the screenshots of the fences in her video; https://imgur.com/a/1yCavMy

IMG_6892.PNGIMG_6893.PNG

Message 1 of 4 (4,107 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: half-wall trims as fences

[ Edited ]
Champion

@SwampyLive Following is what I found out...

• You are correct, I did find the items in the hidden objects (debug mode). Have you used hidden objects before? To use cheats, open the cheats console with Control + Shift + C. In the white box at the top left of the screen type testingcheats on and press enter. Next type bb.showhiddenobjects and press enter. To close the console, press Control + Shift + C again (or escape while the curser is in the white box).
  • They are not found in wall trims; they are found in fences and are behaving as fences. They cost $0, as do many (but not all) of the hidden objects. I did find, as you said, that I could copy them and place them from the eyedropper, though they are not available in the fencing items in build mode without the cheat active. The did place like fencing normally does - on the ground or as a barrier in the building.
  • You can activate the hidden objects cheat, though, and you will find them in fencing (see  my screenshot).

I hope this helps.Screen-Shot-1.jpg

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (4,094 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Champion

@SwampyLive Following is what I found out...

• You are correct, I did find the items in the hidden objects (debug mode). Have you used hidden objects before? To use cheats, open the cheats console with Control + Shift + C. In the white box at the top left of the screen type testingcheats on and press enter. Next type bb.showhiddenobjects and press enter. To close the console, press Control + Shift + C again (or escape while the curser is in the white box).
  • They are not found in wall trims; they are found in fences and are behaving as fences. They cost $0, as do many (but not all) of the hidden objects. I did find, as you said, that I could copy them and place them from the eyedropper, though they are not available in the fencing items in build mode without the cheat active. The did place like fencing normally does - on the ground or as a barrier in the building.
  • You can activate the hidden objects cheat, though, and you will find them in fencing (see  my screenshot).

I hope this helps.Screen-Shot-1.jpg

Message 2 of 4 (4,095 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Thank you so much @SheriGR ! I was so excited to see these trims in Deligracy's build as they're gorgeous and I was excited to start using them, and then once looking into it I felt like I was going crazy. I do use debug items quite a lot, but hadn't seen people mentioning using it with build items so I hadn't looked for them. thank you for such an informative and quick response, you are a life saver.

Message 3 of 4 (4,077 Views)

Champion

@SwampyLive You are very welcome! We are always happy to help!

Message 4 of 4 (4,059 Views)