Re: granite falls never loads

by Reitanna

Original Post

granite falls never loads

★★★ Apprentice

this has happened to me twice. I bought the outdoor retreat pack some time ago, and when I went to go to the world, it just stayed white. I wasn't able to do anything except access the options menu to take me back to the main menu, or quit the game. I could also save. I went onto the sims forum, and I was told to try loading it without mods. so I did. my save game would not load granite falls, but a new saved game would. with mods in, the new saved game could still load it. so then I was told to save ALL households and lots to my library, start a new game, and place everything in the new game. it worked, granite falls could be accessed... until just recently, it started doing the same thing as before. it's real bogus because I had done all that work just to recreate the world I had spent so much time on, just to have the problem occur again. I mean, the world is the only reason I bought the pack. I can't narrow down to see if a mod is causing the issue because new saved games work with the mods, and old saved games don't work whether the mods are there or not...

Message 1 of 9 (611 Views)

Hero
Could you check the following

1. Start your save
2. On the main screen, click on the icon in the upper left corner to show the vacation worlds
3. Does GF have an orange exclamation mark next to it ?

If so, it looks like something corrupted the world and that could very well be a mod. I've seen like 3 reports like this now. Unfortunately, removing the mods doesn't uncorrupt the world.

Which mods are you using ? Did you edit any lots in GF also or just the other hoods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (595 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have a mod that shows granite falls in my main worlds menu, and sims can live in the world. I've had it for ages, so I know that's not causing the problem. I haven't even gotten a CHANCE to build on a lot because of this situation. I thought, "okay, it's working now, so it'll be there when I go build on it." and that's when I discovered it wasn't working for the second time. there is no orange exclamation mark anywhere. I can't list all the mods I'm using, I have too many. o_O

Message 3 of 9 (580 Views)

Hero
Mods get outdated with patches and if you don't update them and run the game with outdated mods, there's a possibility that you corrupt your saves.

I suppose this is isolated to one save game ? Or do you have the issue even in a new one (on vanilla game ?)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (569 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

like I said, when I start a new game, regardless of mods present or not, the world can load fine. at some point in the future while playing the save, granite falls stops working. I've never tried to play a vanilla save for that amount of time because... well, it's boring. I'm not even sure how long it takes for granite falls to stop working, and that's the ONLY world that does it.

Message 5 of 9 (547 Views)

Hero
My guess is that one of your mods is corrupting the world after a while then. Corruption usually stays even if you remove the mods.

Really hard to tell though but I haven't seen any reports of broken worlds on vanilla games. Not sure what help to provide as your save will probably also not work for me either.

Did you check the comments of that mod to have GF on the main screen or maybe leave that one out for the moment to see if it could be the culprit ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 9 (537 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

unfortunately, I don't know which mod it is... I have so many, and it's not like when you have a mod that immediately causes problems, I can't use the 50/50 method to find it. it's seeming like there's just no solution that wouldn't take years and patience to find. I don't know what to do...

Message 7 of 9 (516 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Did you try leaving the one that puts GF on the main screen out ? Sounds like a likely culprit.

Do you have other mods that deal with GF ?

Or maybe ask in the modding community if someone came across the same issue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 9 (508 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have not tried that yet, mostly because I don't remember what it's called. I will try inquiring about it on the forums, but I don't have high hopes.

Message 9 of 9 (484 Views)