Re: glitches

by crinrict

Original Post

glitches

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not sure
What happens when the bug occurs? I cant instruct my dogs/puppies to go potty, so they stand at the door and cry until they potty in the house. my teens/kids cant do school projects. my dog's been "giving birth" for 4 sim days now and still hasn't popped out pups. after visiting the vet my dog mood stays on red/yellow in a different household none of my dogs will get pregnant no matter how many times I get them to mate and no matter what kind of different breed the other dog is. Also note I do not have any mods in my game only CAS CC, witch I've removed to see if they had any relevance to my issues - they do not, the issues still occurred without my mods folder being in game.
What do you expect to see? fixes for these glitches please
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. after the Cats & Dogs updates

Message 1 of 9 (423 Views)

Hero

Hi @Ondrya

it would be good if you could make one thread per issue. 

1. Did you lock any door ? Do you get the option to tell them to go potty and they don't go or do you not have the option ?
  2. What happens if you tell them to do their school project ?
  3. Seems to be related to this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-CD-Kitten-Puppies-not-added-to-household-after-birth/td-p...
  4. Can be found here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-Cats-and-Dogs-permanently-scared-after-vet-check-up/td-...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (407 Views)

★★ Novice
Sorry .
It gives me the option to ask to go potty , but when I click it it just glitches out and the dog does nothing for about a whole second and then continues to cry at the door having to pee.
Message 3 of 9 (389 Views)

★★ Novice
And same with the projects , it gives me the options but when I click it it glitches out .
Message 4 of 9 (388 Views)

Hero

Hi @Ondrya

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 9 (384 Views)

★★ Novice
Thank you so much . I did the reset and got the potty issue fixed .
Message 6 of 9 (359 Views)

Hero

HI @Ondrya

do the school projects still glich out ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 9 (340 Views)

★★ Novice
It works , the only issue is when I enable my script mods that’s when I have them issues . Witch is new is there a fix for that ? I would eventually like to add my mods back in.
Message 8 of 9 (306 Views)

Hero

Hi @Ondrya

you need to download the newest version of the mods. Most have been updated and the once that weren't probably won't be. Leave out the ones that weren't updated.

Mods need updating with patches.

I moved this to the general forum as 2 of your bugs already have threads you can post in and the other two are mod related.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 9 (294 Views)