Original Post

Accepted Solution

glass roofs without shadows reflection

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Italiano
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.44.88.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? city living, cats and dogs, perfect patio, vintage glamour
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By placing any kind of glass roof on any size/shape of room
What happens when the bug occurs? I've never seen the shadows of the details of the glass roof reflecting on the interior of the room. Nothing reflected as a normal not-glass roof
What do you expect to see? I expect to see that wonderful effect that the shadows of the glas roof make!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 19th June Patch, when glass roofs have been introduced to the game

Product: The Sims 4

Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Italiano
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.44.88.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? city living, cats and dogs, perfect patio, vintage glamour
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By placing any kind of glass roof on any size/shape of room
What happens when the bug occurs? I've never seen the shadows of the details of the glass roof reflecting on the interior of the room. Nothing reflected as a normal not-glass roof
What do you expect to see? I expect to see that wonderful effect that the shadows of the glas roof make!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 19th June Patch, when glass roofs have been introduced to the game

Message 1 of 3 (755 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: glass roofs without shadows reflection

★★★ Novice

Not sure what game settings you've got, however this happened to me as well when it got added in, but i realised it was because for shadows to appear the lighting setting under game options needs to be "very high".

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (762 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

Not sure what game settings you've got, however this happened to me as well when it got added in, but i realised it was because for shadows to appear the lighting setting under game options needs to be "very high".

Message 2 of 3 (763 Views)

★★ Novice
I checked before posting just to be sure, and all the settings were on high! Thank you, now it works!
Message 3 of 3 (720 Views)