genetic issue

by DatSimmeeeer

Original Post

genetic issue

★ Novice

Hello (:

First, I apologize for my English... It might be a little wrong...

So, I have an annoying issue with my sims 3. I don't know what's happening, but my genetic doesn't work at all. I explain: I create a couple, and then they have a baby. But when he grows up, I realize that he looks exactly the same as his mother or as his father. It's kind of like a copy and paste of one of his parents. And when I try another baby, same problem! Even in the CAS, genetic is not working.

I already tried to uninstall then reinstall, but nothing change. I'll try to install with Origin, but I don't think it'll be successful. I tried on another computer, and... It doesn't work too. That's why I'm thinking about buying a new base game...

I already searched if someone else has the same problem, but I didn't find any answer except uninstall/reinstall. I also contacted an adviser of EA and he told me to search on the EA forum, but I found nothing.

I play with The Sims 3 + World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life and Island Paradise. I also have some stuff packs: High-End Loft, Fast Lane, Master Suite and Diesel. I have costum content, I can't play without haha.

I really need help, I'm completely lost because I don't know what can I do. The Sims 3 is honestly my favorite sims.

Thank you! (:

Message 1 of 2 (648 Views)

Re: genetic issue

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hello DatSimmeeeer!

First off, your English is PERFECT! I understood everything. And I'm sorry no one else helped you sooner! Now, moving onto your issue!

Now, I don't think it has anything to do with your game, your custom content or expansions. I think it's just a glitch. Sometimes; people have genetics that are easier to copy, depending on the gender.

Do you happen to have the mod called, Master Controller? You can create children that will look like both parents. Or in CAS, you can try and edit the sim to look like both parents. Other than that, you aren't doing anything wrong! I think it's just your sims having a higher probability to look like one of the parents. I once has a sim that looked EXACTLY like his dad, but without a beard. I put the beard on, and I was shocked at how much he looks like his father! And their other son looked just like his mother! But I kind of liked it.

When my sim looked like one parent, I just switched the hair color. So if the kid looks like the father, I make them have blonde hair like their mother rather than ginger hair like their father.

Here is the link I used to help me download Master Controller; It's a great mod that I use to edit my sims, max their skills, etc. : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkSC8LpgJEg

I hope I was helpful!

Heart Senpaiproblems

I do not work for EA.

Message 2 of 2 (611 Views)