Re: game

by roberta591

Original Post

game

★★★ Newbie

hello, 

I'm having issues with my sims 4 game. to begin with I had no issues and my progress was being saved, however for a few months, now whenever I play the game all my progress gets deleted after I shut then game down. I've made sure that I was saving properly as when I just exit to main menu the game is still there...just not when shut the game down. I've tried searching my problem but nothing has fixed it.. I can't call either since it's too expensive. please help! 

thanks, Kate 

Message 1 of 3 (254 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @katieefiona can you check where you are saving your data to and ensure that the destination has both read and write privileges. 

It may be a case that the destination is set as read-only and as such the game cannot create a save file there. You can start by checking your My Documents folder and see if it is set up correctly. 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 3 (219 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@katieefiona   Is it possible a few months ago you enabled OneDrive? This changes where Windows 10 writes the save data but not where the game looks for it. Another possibility is free space on the system device may be low. These are most possible but not the only thing that may cause thisIf you enable OneDrive and THEN start the game, the game seems to work correctly. It is only after you start the game then enable OneDrive that this problem starts.

Message 3 of 3 (182 Views)