Re: game won't stay installed

by DanteEDM

Original Post

game won't stay installed

★★ Novice

Hi,

I've run into an issue when, once I've saved and exited to desktop, and then powered off my computer, the game somehow uninstalls itself. I will power the computer back on and start the Sims 4 and will be prompted to install. Has anyone else run into this problem? If so, how did you solve it? Full disclosure, STEAM is involved (I purchased 2 DLC from STEAM).

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 4 (233 Views)

@DanteEDM  Does the game actually get uninstalled, or is it mostly intact?  I ask because it's possible your antivirus, if you have one, is quarantining the .exe but leaving most of the program files intact.  If some of those files are still present, please let me know whether the Steam-bought packs remain in place.  Each pack has its own folder within the game's program files, labeled by type and release order, e.g. Snowy Escape is EP10.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (204 Views)

★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict  Thank you for your prompt response. I feel like an idiot. I scrolled down further in my Origins library and there was an additional launch icon for the Sims 4 specifically from Steam. The icon said "Play" rather than "Install" and launched with no issues. When you speak of this, and you will, be kind. LOL!

Message 3 of 4 (176 Views)

@DanteEDM  Don't worry, we've all been there in some form or another.  I'm glad it was that simple to fix.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (172 Views)