game won't start (files corrupted) sims 4

by electricskies15

Original Post

Accepted Solution

game won't start (files corrupted) sims 4

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I've recently downloaded some mods. when i first opened the game it worked fine. when i closed it down (downloaded some more mods/ clothes etc.) i was unable to start up the game and this message showed up.

I've really no idea what to do since I've downloaded all of the mods into the correct file: This PC/ Documents/ Electronic Arts/ The Sims 4/ Mods

i don't really want to go looking through all the files as it is time consuming or if anything goes wrong (also i don't know what I'm looking for to take out)

Message 1 of 4 (2,286 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: game won't start (files corrupted) sims 4

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Try moving the Mods folder out from the Electronic Arts folder and paste it to the desktop. Then try running the game again to see if you still get the same issue.

What may be the problem is that some of the mods/cc need to be updated. If that's the case you need to go through your mods folder to see what needs to be updated.

Finding Problem CC

http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS4_Finding_Problem_Custom_Content

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (2,320 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Try moving the Mods folder out from the Electronic Arts folder and paste it to the desktop. Then try running the game again to see if you still get the same issue.

What may be the problem is that some of the mods/cc need to be updated. If that's the case you need to go through your mods folder to see what needs to be updated.

Finding Problem CC

http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS4_Finding_Problem_Custom_Content

Message 2 of 4 (2,321 Views)

★ Novice

ah thanks. it worked. much appreciated Standard smile

Message 3 of 4 (2,267 Views)

★★★ Newbie
THANK YOUUU!!!!
Message 4 of 4 (2,168 Views)