Re: game loads with a blank white screen

by crinrict

Original Post

game loads with a blank white screen

★★★ Newbie

Whenever I load the game, the opening sims 4 logo plays but then the game will minimise to a small bar (only the logo, maximise, close button). When I maximise the game again the screen is plain white. However, I can still hear the music playing and I am able to see the mouse change as I hover over buttons on the menu. I can press the buttons, open the game, load saves, and use the menu, the game works fine, but I can't see anything. I have seen somewhere recommending backing up the game then removing the files to the desktop and adding them back in one at a time, which I tried. Each time I remove all the files then add them back in the game loads correctly, but the next time I try to load the game the white screen will be back. I'm not sure how long this has been happening but there have definitely been several patch updates since, I believe it started happening somewhere around the update that changed the layout of the opening menu screen (play button and load saves on the right, large banners on the left, you have to click through to look at packs). I play on a laptop which is admittedly quite old if that could be a factor?

Message 1 of 2 (194 Views)

Re: game loads with a blank white screen

Hero
@TheAnimatedSloth Does it stop working when you put stuff back from the desktop or just with nothing added back ?

Do you have mods/cc ?
Have you tried turning off Origin in game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 2 (175 Views)