game loading is in progress

by prettysimgirl12

Original Post

game loading is in progress

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, Seasons. University. Parenthood, Toddler stuff, City Living.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I launch the game from the starter screen it launches the game without an issue but when i go to the game i cannot save, go to the gallery, or go into manage world. I can only go to the main menu. It says "Game loading is in progress"
What happens when the bug occurs? It doesn't let me save anything or go to the gallery. I can play the game normally though.
What do you expect to see? A manage world, Build/Buy mode and a saving option.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Hello, as mentioned above I can not Save, manage world, or go to the gallery. I have even turned off mods and moved to another house and still nothing. I did uninstall the mods that I place today after I realized that it was giving me this issue. I logged back in and it still didn't fix anything. What can I do?

Message 1 of 18 (828 Views)

Re: game loading is in progress

@prettysimgirl12  Please patch the game and test.  If this still happens, let me know whether you use OneDrive to automatically sync the contents of Documents with cloud storage.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 18 (762 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict I am having the same problem as the person above, I use OneDrive and I also use CC and MCC.
Message 3 of 18 (735 Views)

@Momjob2005  Try preventing OneDrive from automatically syncing the contents of Documents with cloud storage.  You can still upload manually; the issue may just be the auto syncing while you're playing.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/choose-which-onedrive-folders-to-sync-to-your-computer-98b8...

Message 4 of 18 (714 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict Can you explain how to get OneDrive to stop automatically syncing?
Message 5 of 18 (702 Views)

@Momjob2005  It's in the link I posted earlier.

Message 6 of 18 (700 Views)

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict I will definitely try that, thank you so much for the idea. During the game, the only was that I’m able to save or go to manage world is if I create an Event and then go to it. And once I get there I leave and then when I get back to the home lot, it gives me the option to save or go to manage worlds. But let’s say I save and exit and go back into that game it goes back to not being able to manage world and save.
Message 7 of 18 (690 Views)

★★ Novice
@Momjob2005 Hi, I replied to puzzlezaddict with what I do to at least save the game, but at the end it goes back to not being able to save nor go to manage worlds. I will try the one drive idea.
Message 8 of 18 (688 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@prettysimgirl12 Great, I will try I will It out too.
Message 9 of 18 (659 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict So I did what the article said, and reloaded my sims 4 game, once I got into my game my whole game saves were gone, also my mods folder wouldn't load into the game. I also got met with a tutorial for the beginning of the game.
Message 10 of 18 (631 Views)