Re: game loading is in progress

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

★★ Novice
@Momjob2005 Oh no. Did you put on your desktop the saves file and the mods file and then done what the article says ?
Message 11 of 18 (341 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@prettysimgirl12 Oh my! No, I didn't I did that for the update today, but after I tried opening the game with my mods back in the game. What should I do now?
Message 12 of 18 (339 Views)

★★ Novice
@Momjob2005 When you did the update you had all your mods right ?
Message 13 of 18 (327 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@prettysimgirl12 Yes, all of the sims that had cc had everything on, but before updating, I made sure to move my mods folder.
Message 14 of 18 (323 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@Momjob2005And you didn’t do so when you did the thing with one drive ? If you didn’t then I’m 90% sure that it was all reseted like wiped  clean. What if you just deleted the one drive for the game itself? Do you think that if you actually log in into your actual one drive on your browser you will find your stuff there ?

Message 15 of 18 (309 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@prettysimgirl12 I still have all of my mods, but in-game none of my mods show up. All of the saved households are still there in my library but when I try to load them into CAS it completely deletes the CC they had on before. I did also go to my settings and enable mods and script, and nothing worked.
Message 16 of 18 (293 Views)

Message 17 of 18 (268 Views)

@Momjob2005  Just to clarify, what often happens when you disable OneDrive's auto sync function is that the copy of Documents, with the Sims 4 folder inside, stays in cloud storage, not on your hard drive.  So when the game can't find that folder, it spawns a new one on your computer in Documents\Electronic Arts.

All you'd need to do to fix this is to grab the copy in OneDrive and put it back into your computer's Documents folder.  Or you can add the contents you want to keep (saves, mods, etc.) into the new folder in Documents\Electronic Arts.  But the point is, any content you want the game to read has to be there, not in OneDrive and not on your desktop or anywhere else on your computer.

If you're having trouble figuring out where the files should go, or why they don't work, please open a File Explorer window and find the Sims 4 folder that contains your Mods folder.  When you're looking at the contents of that folder, you'll also see the file path above the list of files, e.g. C:\users\username\....  Please list that entire file path here.  You can write "username" instead of your actual username, but leave the rest of the file path intact.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 18 of 18 (203 Views)