Re: game launcher problem

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

game launcher problem

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

i have just installed the sims 3 and the ambitions expansion pac onto my computer. now when i try to load the game launcher it tells me that my base game is not campatible with the current expansion pack and that i should update it via the game launcher. which i would happily do except the game launcher is not loading. i can see it but the little loading circle just sits there without actually loading the launcher. i tried to fix it by temporaily disabling my virus protection software thinking that was the issue but it didnt change anything. How can i fix it?

thanks

-Raichelle

Message 1 of 4 (256 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

Try patching manually.

You'll find the links to the patches here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/patches/m-p/144#M4

Try the super patch.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (249 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Try patching manually.

You'll find the links to the patches here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/patches/m-p/144#M4

Try the super patch.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (250 Views)

★ Novice

i've managed to fix it. just uninstalled the expansion pack. then updated base game then reinstalled expansion pack. its running fine now.

Message 3 of 4 (241 Views)

Hero

Great to hear. Thanks for the feedback.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (236 Views)