Re: game keeps crashing when deleting family storage

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

game keeps crashing when deleting family storage

★★★ Newbie

my game keeps crashing when I try to delete the family storage in sims 3. Plus I have bills and omni plants stuck in there inventory how do I get rid of that? you guys need to fix this issue as its been one for far too long

Message 1 of 2 (382 Views)

Re: game keeps crashing when deleting family storage

@Missyann33  I've moved your post to the Sims 3 PC tech section.  Just so you know, the game has been out of development for six years now, and in all likelihood, there are no patches or other fixes forthcoming.

Try removing everything in family inventory that you can and only then selling the other items.  If that doesn't work, leave the movable items out, save, quit, and delete the five cache files in your Sims 3 game folder in Documents.  They should be deleted regularly anyway, and every time you quit the game while troubleshooting.  For reference, they are:

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package

If this doesn't help, go to Edit Town, evict your sims, and immediately put them back in their house.  They'll keep their jobs and relationships but lose their promised wishes and opportunities.  Use "save as" to rename the save, so you have your original save as a backup.  Then quit (without saving, as a separate step—this is always best practice), delete the cache files again, reload, and test.

There are other ways to try to unstick the items, like moving your sims to a new lot, either through Edit Town or by using the in-game function.  Let me know if nothing works.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (371 Views)