by TheSuperWolf100

Original Post

Accepted Solution

game freezes when clicking "save and exit"

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.375.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of the expansion and game packs, plus Paranormal, Nifty Knitting, Tiny Living, Laundry Day, Vintage Glamour, and Romantic Garden.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When I'm playing a family I click "save and exit"
What happens when the bug occurs? After I click "save and exit" my game freezes. I can't even close the game using task manager because the game stays on top of all the windows. I have been needing to do a hard shutdown on my computer to get out of it.
What do you expect to see? The game should save and close.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 1 of 9 (7,553 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: game freezes when clicking "save and exit"

@kuroyuri09  Your dxdiag is full of crashes from Remind_SSD.exe, which is a component of MSI Dragon Center and is apparently completely unnecessary.  It's not clear whether these errors are related to Sims 4, but it doesn't take much imagination to see how SSD-related software might interfere with your ability to save data.

At any rate, I'd suggest killing all related processes in the Task Manager before playing.  You should be able to find them by looking for the Dragon Center logo.  If that doesn't help, please uninstall Dragon Center entirely, at least long enough to test.  You can get a new version here (after testing) if you want it:

https://www.msi.com/Laptop/GF75-Thin-10SCSXR/support#utility

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 8 of 9 (7,407 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Guide

@kuroyuri09 I have this issue on my end it seems to be normal but do you lose game data?

Message 2 of 9 (7,529 Views)

★★ Novice

I don't think I did, but I save often enough that I don't remember when it happened the first time. Since then I have been clicking "save" before I exit, and then just clicking "exit" without selecting to save at the same time. It hasn't been freezing when I do that.

Message 3 of 9 (7,509 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@kuroyuri09  maybe it happens randomly i do have the odd occasion when i save and exit game takes up to 5 minutes to close 

Message 4 of 9 (7,497 Views)

★★ Novice

It just happened again. This time even though I was using my previous clicking save and exit separately strategy. I waited about 15 minutes and it didn't unfreeze.

Message 5 of 9 (7,483 Views)

@kuroyuri09  Do you use OneDrive, and if so, is it automatically syncing the contents of Documents?  Here's how to check:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/choose-which-onedrive-folders-to-sync-to-your-computer-98...

Please also run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Message 6 of 9 (7,473 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks for your help. I double checked and I don't use OneDrive. I've attached the results of the dxdiag.

Message 7 of 9 (7,434 Views)

@kuroyuri09  Your dxdiag is full of crashes from Remind_SSD.exe, which is a component of MSI Dragon Center and is apparently completely unnecessary.  It's not clear whether these errors are related to Sims 4, but it doesn't take much imagination to see how SSD-related software might interfere with your ability to save data.

At any rate, I'd suggest killing all related processes in the Task Manager before playing.  You should be able to find them by looking for the Dragon Center logo.  If that doesn't help, please uninstall Dragon Center entirely, at least long enough to test.  You can get a new version here (after testing) if you want it:

https://www.msi.com/Laptop/GF75-Thin-10SCSXR/support#utility

Message 8 of 9 (7,408 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you for your help. I uninstalled MSI Dragon Center, and it seems like it fixed the problem Standard smile 

Message 9 of 9 (7,345 Views)