game freezes at tips and tricks page - wont respond at all

by eghourl

Original Post

game freezes at tips and tricks page - wont respond at all

★★★ Novice

Hello! I've recently just transferred my cc from a different computer to this one, and I've run into a major issue. The mods were working perfectly fine on the other pc. This new one has better PC specs yet can't even load the game. I've tried renaming my entire "mods" folder located in the EA folder so I could separate the files but every time I do that it says "cannot complete this file is open in another program. (It never specifies what program is open, plus I check task manager every time and there is literally nothing open.) It has been stuck on this screen for several hours and I'm currently waiting it out because I have a theory. You see, I have over 300GB worth of mods in my folder. (All frequently updated) So, since this is my first time playing this game on this new PC.. it chooses to show all my cc on a list on startup by default. Maybe that's what's taking so long? I'm not sure but even after removing all my script mods the problem still occurs., SO I'm losing my patience at this point. Devil

screenshot

Message 1 of 3 (219 Views)

Re: game freezes at tips and tricks page - wont respond at all

[ Edited ]

@eghourl  I'm guessing that "other program" is OneDrive, and it's syncing the contents of Documents, or at least trying to.  The workaround is to cancel the current sync, pause syncing, and then do what you need to with your Mods folder.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-to-cancel-or-stop-sync-in-onedrive-4885c27e-3d89-4d69-...

Since you have so much content, OneDrive will never be able to sync it all unless you buy a subscription for extra storage.  So it's a good idea to exclude Documents from the syncing process entirely.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/choose-which-onedrive-folders-to-sync-to-your-computer-98...

I don't know that OneDrive has anything to do with the game freezing, but please test after doing the above anyway, and let me know if it's still an issue.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (193 Views)

Re: game freezes at tips and tricks page - wont respond at all

★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict After some testing, I found out that the reason why the files weren't moving was because I didn't have the space on my drive. After deleting some things, it worked. But my game still freezes sadly. I'm currently doing to 50x50 method. I'll update you if it works! Standard smile
Message 3 of 3 (185 Views)