Re: game failed to load

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Accepted Solution

game failed to load

★★★ Novice

I just updated the game and now it's saying "The game failed to load. Error Code: 134:ef7a88f2:b4565d86. It is recommended that you relaunch the game."

However, it doesn't kick me out of the game because I can just press Okay and it lets me load up my household except one of my sims just disappears from the game entirely. I've tried with multiple different households and the same sim is removed from the game.

I've relaunched, I've tried 50/50 method and nothing helped, I removed all my mods and nothing helped. I really don't know what to do at this point.

Message 1 of 14 (64,407 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice

I tried just about every suggestion here, and for each of your individual cases I hope you find whatever works to fix your game--as for me, I removed my mods, clean booted my computer or whatever, added them as exceptions, uninstalled and reinstalled my game and just as I was about to give up hope, I remembered to recover a previous save. Luckily I had one just 10 minutes earlier, I tried that, and it was perfectly fixed.

Time to move my mods back in...

View in thread

Message 9 of 14 (64,156 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)
@josephdstokes

Removing mods isn't enough.
Move the mods folder to the desktop.
Delete localthumbcache.package file in the game folder
Fix the game in Origin.
Origin/Library -right click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.
Turn on the game to create a new, empty mods folder and check if a game is working now without mods and CC.

If it will not help try to do the factory reset of your game folder as described in this post:
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199
But I'm afraid this sim was wiped out from this save because of his outdated CC or outdated scripts mod. Have you an earlier save which you can recover and enter there when you will not have mods in the game?

I don't work for EA
Message 2 of 14 (64,360 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I have this problem as well, but with my household that is affected, I don't even have any mods/cc used on any of those sims. So, it has to be a problem with the update.

Also, in the patch notes for the update, one of the expansions that was changed was the Get Famous expansion, and the sim that was affected for me was heavily involved in that life aspiration. So, perhaps, it has something to do with the bug changes they tried to correct.

(Posts merged by CM)

Message 3 of 14 (64,265 Views)

★★ Novice

I am also experiencing this exact issue to the tee. Have you had any luck fixing it?

Message 4 of 14 (64,248 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@phnxie 

@josephdstokes 

@Aubreykinz101 

Try to launch the game - without mods and localthumbcache .package file - in windowed mode.

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/02/start-game-in-windowed-mode/

Add Origin and the game to exceptions in your anti-virus and firewall.
https://crinrict.com/blog/2019/03/windows-10-defender-controlled-folder-access.html

If none of the above methods help, run the system in clean boot mode.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

Message 5 of 14 (64,251 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you @kreatora!

I took your advice, I removed all mods, cleared the cache, and recovered a previously saved game. I believe the key was deleting the localthumbcache.package! 

All of my Sims back, they may be bald and missing some clothing items and accessories but they are back. Thank you so much for your help. 

I hope this also worked for everyone else experiencing this issue! 

Message 6 of 14 (64,227 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I was try to work on it on my Mac but I cant ever fix the problem and I was plan to call the EA support and they never answer their phone sight

Message 7 of 14 (64,224 Views)
Highlighted

@jblackwell19

Please could you start your own thread in the Mac forum here and explain exactly what is happening with your game? Knowing which Mac you have will also help - https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/bd-p/The-Sims-Mac

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 8 of 14 (64,194 Views)

★★★ Novice

I tried just about every suggestion here, and for each of your individual cases I hope you find whatever works to fix your game--as for me, I removed my mods, clean booted my computer or whatever, added them as exceptions, uninstalled and reinstalled my game and just as I was about to give up hope, I remembered to recover a previous save. Luckily I had one just 10 minutes earlier, I tried that, and it was perfectly fixed.

Time to move my mods back in...

Message 9 of 14 (64,157 Views)

★★★ Newbie

where is TS4 in origin? (sorry I'm a youngin Wink

Message 10 of 14 (59,506 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help