Re: game crashing sims 4

by TheSimsSerbia

Original Post

game crashing sims 4

★★ Novice

I've had a problem for a while where within about a minute of opening The Sims 4 it freezes up, lags, black bars flash across the screen. Basically graphics problems. I have to close the game. I've done a lot of googling and tried everything I could find to fix the problem. This includes moving my custom content to another folder and starting the game, repairing it through origin, and completely uninstalling and reinstalling the game. Nothing has worked. I got the game when it came out and it has worked fine up until about 6 months ago when the problem started while I was downloading custom content from a website I don't usually use and it crashed my computer. I took the computer to an IT company and my computer seems back to normal aside from the problem playing The Sims. I've updated NIVIDIA several times since the problem started. I tried to contact EA about the problem but haven't been able to get a hold of anyone. Not sure what else to do. Any help is much appreciated. Thank you!

Message 1 of 16 (611 Views)

Could you post a DxDiag?
Please follow this how to on how to gather your DxDiag.
You can post the DxDiag by attaching it to your next reply.
Don't paste it directly into your answer, because that won't fit.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 16 (604 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you!

Message 3 of 16 (587 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Nvidia has drivers 368.22 dated 5/23/2016 for GT 520M. I'm not sure you have the video drivers for the GT 520M installed correctly.According to Nvidia that video chip is DX12 compliant and Windows 10 should install DX12 not DX11.1. Have you tried checking for patches for Windows 10? Did the game run right under Windows 10?

Message 4 of 16 (581 Views)

Are you sure you are running your game with the Nvidea card?

http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2013/06/getting-the-game-to-recognize-your-card.html maybe that helps with figuring out how you do that.

Also I think your Intel card could use an update.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 5 of 16 (575 Views)

★★ Novice

How do I check for patches?

Message 6 of 16 (559 Views)

Try this:
http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 7 of 16 (555 Views)

★★ Novice

I did that here is my new dxdiag and also it is saying chipset device software is not installed after I go through and scan and download. I followed those instructions for my nvidia though.

Message 8 of 16 (543 Views)

It should install, but never the less, your game should run through the Nvidea card, not the Intel card.

Did you follow the instructions on that? I forgot to mention you have to add TS4.exe and TS4_64.exe to that. How does your game run now?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 9 of 16 (537 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

cen you help me? When i instal game its run werry good i dont have problem even i set all game propertis to  werry high and cheking the box postprocesing and another one. And then when i put new family to play its going whell and when i come to 6 family my game starting to krash and then i change propertis to high ,then its ok but when i add more familis r new buildings its starting to krash..then i change  propertis  again  to medium and then its ok for short period of time until i put more families in game and buldings then i have to set all propertis to low .i dont understend why i have to set my game propertise on low when its good on strat? I dont have then good filing when playing on low propertise.. cen you tell me why this is happening ? Game is The Sims 4

Message 10 of 16 (524 Views)