Re: game crashes after i hit the play button, please help

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

game crashes after i hit the play button, please help

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Two days ago my game was running just fine. Yesterday when i went to play it loaded until i got to the world screen. Once i clicked the family to play on it loaded the blue plumbob screen and then it immediately  redirected me to my origin page. so far i have taken the following steps

1. uninstalled origin

2. uninstall all sims 4 games

3. repaired games

4 shut down PC

5. restarted PC

i talked with someone on the EA chat and their stuff didn't work. I also do not have legacy version, no mods, or cc. The gallery on sims works, i can download stuff, and my PC is running like it normally does. 

Message 1 of 10 (702 Views)

Dot.: game crashes after i hit the play button, please help

Hero (Retired)
@iplayclarinet

Did you get information about the error number? And if so, did this number started maybe with 134?

I don't work for EA
Message 2 of 10 (681 Views)

★★ Novice

nope 

Message 3 of 10 (597 Views)

★★ Novice

how do i find that. I looked in my sims folder and there is a bunch of stuff about "last crash" 

Message 4 of 10 (596 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@iplayclarinet I'm having the exact same issue. Started yesterday. I'm thinking this may be related to the most recent update. I also have no CC and no Mods
Message 5 of 10 (593 Views)

★★ Novice

i'm on the live chat right now.... (for the 2nd day in a row) 
my game worked just fine after the june update and i preordered eco lifestyle with no problem. 

Message 6 of 10 (582 Views)

@iplayclarinet and @enrevalxylime  When you try to play and it doesn't work, do you see an error on screen?  If so, please post that exact error.

Please also try to start a new save, and if it works, save your progress, quit, restart your computer, load the game, and try to play that save again.  Let me know whether it works.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 7 of 10 (545 Views)

★★ Novice

no error code. It literally just exits the game and brings me back to the origin home. 

Message 8 of 10 (542 Views)

★★ Novice

ok so i did this and it worked. SO basically the game file i was playing with just had some sort of issues because i made a new game and was able to load it and play it and save it. then i went back in and did it again and it worked. Then i went back in and tried to play the game from my save file and it crashed. I would suggest parting ways with your save file or whatever household you have been playing with....start a new one. 

Message 9 of 10 (522 Views)

@iplayclarinet  Before you trash your save, try manually recovering a backup:

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/save-games/#wiederherstellen

Also, you're one of many people affected by this issue.  The earlier save crashing problem was fixed in a second patch, so it's possible yours will too.  Instead of deleting the save, just set it aside and try it again after the next patch.  You can try the backups too, if they don't work right now.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 10 of 10 (506 Views)