game clock freezes

by Hipstercrazy

Original Post

game clock freezes

★★ Novice

Ever since the latest patch my most beloved sim family save doesn't work anymore. It takes forever to load up and once it does it basically crashes a few minutes into playing. The game clock freezes up, then the sims freeze in their place, but the background like traffic and snow/rain keeps moving. 

I've already tried repairing it in origin more times than I can count, uninstalled/reinstalled the game, cleared the cache, clean booted my computer, and updated my graphics driver with still no luck.

Weirdly enough it's only with that one save that this happens, I started a new save and new family and it works just fine. I just really wanna figure out how to fix this save because I've been playing it for months and would lose so much in the save if I just moved the family to a different save like their businesses and relationships. I have put so much work into it is there anyone that can help me. Frown

and yes I have tried contacting EA help through live chatting but they are no help and I have to wait forever to even get a response. 

Message 1 of 7 (391 Views)

Re: game clock freezes

★★ Novice

I have also never used mods or CC!

Message 2 of 7 (390 Views)

@Hipstercrazy  If the sims in your affected save are celebrating or have recently celebrated Winterfest, then this may be your issue:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CURRENT-ISSUE-Game-Freeze-Extended-Loading-Times-Save-Game/m-p...

If so, you can try the workarounds listed here:

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2020/11/game-time-is-freezing-patch-1-68/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 7 (376 Views)

★ Novice
@Hipstercrazy Me too...Spent all this money on Sims4 with expansion packs etc. and I can't play the game. Was working fine and all of sudden nothing. Did you fix it. Can't even play Sims3 anymore, if you have a baby it looks like a monster....It sucks. Spend all this money and you can't even play the games...What did you do...Is it fixed???
Message 4 of 7 (333 Views)

@Leighan_63  Try removing your mods and custom content, at least as a test.  This patch broke most or perhaps all cc skins, as well as plenty of other cc and some mods.

Message 5 of 7 (331 Views)

★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict I'm not sure what you mean...Mods?? And don't think I have downloaded any custom content, I have used people from the gallery. Is the gallery considered custom content, and not sure what Mods are...
Message 6 of 7 (329 Views)

@Leighan_63  Custom content doesn't get downloaded through the Gallery, even if the creator used it in making the households or builds.  If you don't have any files in your Mods folder other than resource.cfg, you don't have mods or custom content.

In what way do your sim babies look like monsters?  I thought of custom content because a lot of it is broken right now, and broken cc on a baby would probably look terrible.

Message 7 of 7 (321 Views)