Re: sim points

by linkedchainz

Original Post

freezing

★★ Novice

I had a digital download of the sims 3 complete set. been playing for months. had issues with freeze up  all the time. recently it became none stop. i would have to restart  re start etc. i had almost 2500 hours logged in. but the t last three days i would get to the same point and it would freeze. so broke down and removed all of it from the computer. unistalled origin. reinstalled, went back to my original boring 5 disk i have had for years. started game been on it a few hours and went to use the shift  c to make friends and bam locked up again. what could be the problem. no customs nothing all new download?

Message 1 of 7 (466 Views)

Re: freezing

@linkedchainz  Are you playing a new save, or your existing one from before you uninstalled?  What was happening in-game when you kept seeing freezes?  Usually repeated freezes at the same in-game time mean that something is happening that the game engine can't handle, not that there's anything wrong with your install or your computer.

The cheat to make your sim know everyone may be an issue if the world is overcrowded, or if the save overall is overloaded in some way, or perhaps if it's corrupt.  The problem could also just be that adding that many sims to the relationship panel all at once is excessively demanding.  It's difficult to know without more information.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 7 (451 Views)

sim points

★★ Novice

Been playing constantly for months but sadly had a bad digital download so having to buy games expansions again. Aren't you supose to get free sim points for new game and expansions added? If not have spent so much now. How can I get the industrial oven so can remake my bakery and shop I had before

Message 3 of 7 (377 Views)

Re: freezing

★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict wrote:

@linkedchainz  Are you playing a new save, or your existing one from before you uninstalled?  What was happening in-game when you kept seeing freezes?  Usually repeated freezes at the same in-game time mean that something is happening that the game engine can't handle, not that there's anything wrong with your install or your computer.

The cheat to make your sim know everyone may be an issue if the world is overcrowded, or if the save overall is overloaded in some way, or perhaps if it's corrupt.  The problem could also just be that adding that many sims to the relationship panel all at once is excessively demanding.  It's difficult to know without more information.

After removing my beloved full set with all  the goodies. Have rebought almost all games and expansions. Have to wait till another pay check comes in. No freezing anymore but don't have near the content I had sadly. A little slow though so thinking after all this might be my computer. I still need to get a few items but they have to be bought from store so will see what happens then. When you are old and unhealthy you live in your game. Sad huh. Was suppose to be my stress reliever but been adding since having to restart and rebut

Message 4 of 7 (375 Views)

@linkedchainz  You're supposed to get 1,000 points each for the base game and World Adventures.  The other packs don't normally grant points, although sometimes there are exceptions.  (I've also heard recently that Origin gives points for packs bought through Origin, but I don't know for sure whether this is true.)

You do need to specifically redeem the points though.  Sign into your account on store.thesims3.com, click My Page, and look for a blue Redeem Points button on the left side of the screen.  Each click will redeem 1,000 points, so keep checking the same page until you don't see the button anymore.

I'm sorry to hear you had to repurchase everything.  Was there a particular reason why?  If you had a pack blocked, EA customer support should have been able to remove that pack from your account.  And at this point, you could probably get your two accounts merged, although the account that disappeared during the merge wouldn't transfer its store content or its SimPoints.

Message 5 of 7 (361 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

I HAD PURCHASED A COMPLETE  DIGITAL SET. AND AFTER I PUT IT ON I PLAYED FOR AWHILE THEN IT STARTED FREEZING  AND GLITCHES, AND WEIRD THINGS HAPPENING. SO REMOVED AND AND BOUGHT ANOTHER ONE FROM SOMEONE. BUT IT ENDED UP BEING SAME LINK ETC. BUT STILL PLAYED IT BECAUSE I JUST NEED AN ESCAPE. MADE ALOT OF BUILDING ETC. AND WENT TO A NEW MAP AND WENT TO THE EXCHANGE TO DOWNLOAD one of my places because forgot to save to library and it didnt download properly. so tried another and it didnt either. told me the games i were using might not be good. aboutt he same time google told me i had compromised passwords etc. so figured (since im not a computer person) figured it must all be due to the game so unistalled all of it from my computer, and started buying the games again not from ebay. I had the original 5 disks i had for years. but have now re bought all but four packs. and they will have to wait since had to buy the bakery stuff seperate to redo my bakery etc,and the poker table. was hoping the new games would add sims points but i guess not.. so sorry about my typing.

Message 6 of 7 (332 Views)

@linkedchainz  If you want to make your points go as far as possible, take a look at the Daily Deal thread:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/866448/daily-deal-dd-2018-rotation-list-and-sales-help

It's a lot of info, but the idea is that many store items go on sale on a predictable schedule and for a predictable cost, so you can time your purchase to save points.  There's also a spreadsheet with the entire schedule linked in post 2.

As an example, the Deliciously Indulgent Bakery is on sale three times per rotation, with the cheapest price being 855 points.  That next happens on December 22 from 5:27 to 7:27 am UTC.  The bakery is on sale for 1,064 points on December 6 from 6:27 to 8:27 am UTC.  This info is in the spreadsheet.

Message 7 of 7 (318 Views)