Re: flooring is missing in all buildings

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Re: cant see the character i am making

Hero
@Madzzz2010 Try right clicking on the game in Origin and hit repair game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 521 of 1,476 (1,128 Views)

flooring is missing in all buildings

★★★ Newbie

Recently when I started playing again in March, all the flooring in all of my houses are missing and have been replaced with these purple question mark tiles. Also, a lot of other flooring options are gone, the doors and archways in the university dorms don't work and the class times is glitching and telling my sim to go to glass in the middle of the night instead of the afternoon.

Message 522 of 1,476 (1,016 Views)

Re: flooring is missing in all buildings

@monawhiterose  For the missing textures, try repairing the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.

For the class times, if the repair doesn't help, please start a new save and test.  Let me know whether you still see the issue.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 523 of 1,476 (1,001 Views)

sims 4

★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City Living, Get to work, Dine out, parenthood, and luxury stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Every lot has the issue: the tiles are all displayed as question marks
What happens when the bug occurs? The game-play is fine, but all of the tiles, in every lot, is marked with a question mark. I could manually change them, but I was hoping for an easier way.
What do you expect to see? The tiles should display a design other than a bunch of question marks.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Every tile in every lot has question marks on them. I haven't played in a few months and when I started up the game two weeks ago, all of the game-created lots had this issue wit the tiles. I can manually change them, but was hoping for a less time consuming fix. 

Message 524 of 1,476 (1,235 Views)

Re: sims 4

Hero
@chickenfoot2 I merged your post with the master thread on this

Try repairing your game by repairing your game through Origin (right click on the game and choose repair game)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 525 of 1,476 (1,188 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Empty CAS/ Question Marks/ Invisible Sims/ Night Sky CAS

★★★★★ Newbie
@crinrict The offered solutions solved the problem for me. I hadn't logged onto Origin or played the Sims 4 since April 10, 2019, and so there were plenty of issues, but this solved the plurality of them.
Message 526 of 1,476 (1,239 Views)

Create a sim not working

★★★ Newbie

when I load CAS, I can’t see the Sim. It’s almost as if the sim is off screen to the left but out of my field of vision on my laptop. All of the surrounding buttons (gender, traits, add a sim, rotate etc) are visible and working. I’ve never had this issue before, it has only occurred now. 

cant see an option for repair on origin either? HELP PLEASE

Message 527 of 1,476 (1,011 Views)

Re: Create a sim not working

@ellielouxoxxx  To repair the game in Origin, you need to quit playing first.  If you still don't see the Repair option, restart your computer.  If that doesn't help either, clear Origin's cache and restart your computer again.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 528 of 1,476 (1,008 Views)

Re: Create a sim not working

★★★ Newbie

I have no idea what I’m doing it’s still not working haha tried deleting them re downloading origin. Now origin is not loading 

Message 529 of 1,476 (974 Views)

Re: sims 4

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hello. I had this same problem so I tried repairing but it is stuck saying "resuming". I tried restarting my laptop and changing from Wifi to my mobile hot spot but it still doesn't work. How do I fix it? Thank you in advance.

Just to add: I hadn't played the game in nearly 10 months, I had one expansion pack and a few CC's

Message 530 of 1,476 (1,216 Views)