Re: flashing lines at top of screen

by laurabeexo

Original Post

Accepted Solution

flashing lines at top of screen

★★★ Novice

I'm attempting to reset the game to factory setting with reinstalling using this tutorial

it's a tutorial i've followed successfully several times 

I got to the point where I start the game to create the new folder but the problem is, when I start the game flashing lines start appearing. They're constant on the homepage, game play and on the menu.

I would normally put it down to mods but as I was in the middle of resetting, I don't have any mods at this current time.

I have tried repairing on origin and it did nothing.

I really don't know what else to do.

Message 1 of 3 (394 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Hi @laurabeexo 

Have a few more troubleshooting tips for you, re: clearing cache, troubleshooting + more:

Spoiler

There is a step by step here on Clearing Cache Files (you can also move it to the desktop instead of deleting if you want to be on the safe side).

Another idea for you is to to a Clean Boot of your pc.

Here's a troubleshooter. and another troubleshooter post by Crinrict

Could also be needing graphics/drivers updated as stated here.

Hope some of those tips help. Let us know how it goes.

Sasha

nb: If this solves your question, please mark the reply as having been the solution, so as to help others with a similar problem in the future. Standard smile
I have no connection to EA

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (367 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Hi @laurabeexo 

Have a few more troubleshooting tips for you, re: clearing cache, troubleshooting + more:

Spoiler

There is a step by step here on Clearing Cache Files (you can also move it to the desktop instead of deleting if you want to be on the safe side).

Another idea for you is to to a Clean Boot of your pc.

Here's a troubleshooter. and another troubleshooter post by Crinrict

Could also be needing graphics/drivers updated as stated here.

Hope some of those tips help. Let us know how it goes.

Sasha

nb: If this solves your question, please mark the reply as having been the solution, so as to help others with a similar problem in the future. Standard smile
I have no connection to EA

Message 2 of 3 (368 Views)

★★★ Novice

I cannot believe...

I went through the trouble shooting after clearing my cache and it still wouldn't work. 

As a last resort I went to change my settings on the game to low, just to see that they already were low. I don't know why I did but for some reason I decided to see what would happen if I changed the settings to ultra...it worked.

The lines disappeared and my game worked fine.

I don't even know what happened but I'm not questioning it aha!

Thank you. 

Message 3 of 3 (339 Views)