Re: fame is not rising in get famous

by pigscanfly123

Original Post

fame is not rising in get famous

★★ Novice

when I first got the get famous pack, everything was working fine, but as of around a few months ago, when I've been making my sims do tasks that says they rise fame, the fame has not been rising (this includes the acting career). does anyone know how to help as this has become very annoying because when I want a sim to 'rise to fame' I'm having to cheat the fame up.

Message 1 of 4 (3,926 Views)

★★ Novice

Some actions give more fame than others, publishing a book is a pretty easy way to increase your sims fame. If that still isn't working have you tried repairing the game via origin before you you boot the game?

Message 2 of 4 (3,884 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

You mentioned this was happening as of a few months ago, so that eliminates it being something from the most recent update.

- Have you added any mods or Custom Content that you can recall a few months ago that might have affected this? (Mods can interfere with regular gameplay, especially if they are not updated to also work with the most current updates; it is the user's responsibility to make sure their mods are up-to-date.)

- Is this happening only with one Sim, or multiple Sims? (Sometimes it can come down to a single Sim rather than the game as a whole; it's worth testing as the Sim may need to be looked at rather than the whole game.)

- Have you attempted a Repair of the game via Origin? (Usually you want to do this if the issue is across the whole game.)

EDIT: I feel silly; also make sure you go into Game Options, select the "Get Famous" tab, and make sure the "Sims Begin Opted Out of Fame" option is not selected.

- B

Message 3 of 4 (3,882 Views)

★★ Novice

I play with mods so I will check them and also try repairing the game, thank you.

Message 4 of 4 (3,858 Views)