Re: everytime i press to play a temp folder appears and the game doesnt load

by ninarockzpiano

Original Post

everytime i press to play a temp folder appears and the game doesnt load

★ Novice

I updated my game on the 13/11/2019 and since then everytime I click to play the game a new folder appears that is called 'sims 4 temp 2' and the game doesn't load at all, ive spent a lot of money on this game this month and now I cant play it at all

Message 1 of 8 (1,876 Views)

Hero

Hi  @battersby19941 

• are you on PC or Mac ? 
  • Were you prompted to download the legacy edition ?
  • Are you using mods/cc in your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (1,859 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@battersby19941 I’m having this same issue. I’ve removed everything that I recently downloaded. I updated it and it keeps adding the temp 2 file and the legacy file.
Message 3 of 8 (1,790 Views)

★ Novice
@crinrict Hi, I’m using PC and am having exactly the same issue as described above. Lots of CC mods, but the game will not run with or without them. I’m currently trying to at least start the game without them to make some kind of progress..
Message 4 of 8 (1,666 Views)

Hero
@97CoombeRdBN24ED Try repairing your game through Origin

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 8 (1,648 Views)

★ Novice

I got it working! But repairing through Origin made it much worse as a single fix.

To stop the writing of the temp files I changed the location of the “My Documents” to be on the same drive as the game and origin were located. Then, I started the game as normal. The game was behaving as before and wasn’t opening or displaying anything but it was writing a large folder into the “My Documents” (as before). I let this happen (which took ages), then I moved any mods into the new folder (depending on legacy or x64 version and it worked. 

I hope and pray that this game moves over to Steam soon. It’s such a mess right now and Origin truly boggles the mind. 

DM me if you have the same issue and you want a better explanation Standard smile 

Message 6 of 8 (1,644 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello I'm having the same issue and need you to help me! 

Message 7 of 8 (1,474 Views)

@ninarockzpiano  Does your computer run Windows or macOS, and what version?  How much free storage do you have on your hard drive(s)?  Does Sims 4 fail to open at all, open and crash, open and freeze, etc.; and does your whole computer freeze as well?

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 8 of 8 (1,460 Views)