by shapeshiftersftm

Original Post

Accepted Solution

error message unable to start sims 4 already running

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? latest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? no expansion pack i just bought the game
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? no idea
What happens when the bug occurs? the game wont even start
What do you expect to see? i expect to be able to play the game once its installed
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

just bought the game installed it and cant even start it .it tells me unable to start sim 4 is already running .i uninstalled and reinstalled but still nothing .

Message 1 of 11 (964 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: error message unable to start sims 4 already running

Hero

HI @shapeshiftersftm 

Are you using controlled folder access: https://crinrict.com/blog/2019/03/windows-10-defender-controlled-folder-access.html ?

If so, try turning it off or add Sims 4 as an exception.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 11 (939 Views)

All Replies

Hero

HI @shapeshiftersftm 

Are you using controlled folder access: https://crinrict.com/blog/2019/03/windows-10-defender-controlled-folder-access.html ?

If so, try turning it off or add Sims 4 as an exception.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (940 Views)

★★★ Newbie

ty that actually worked!Standard smile

Message 3 of 11 (913 Views)

Hero
Good to hear.

Thank you for your feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 11 (900 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

i tried this method and it doesn't work. iv'e uninstalled origin and the sims 4, re downloaded them. i have tried repairing the sims 4 but nothing works.

please help me 

Message 5 of 11 (823 Views)

Hero
@EBONYYYYYYYYYY Did you check on your security software ? Are you on PC or Mac ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 11 (809 Views)

★ Novice

Hello,

I am having the same problem. I can run the game fine on my Lenovo laptop.  I have my desk pc serviced and

downloaded the game last night, with all added features.  The first time I tried to play, it gave me and error stating there may be

a damaged file.  I deleted the game with all its extras.  I rebooted my pc, then proceeded to

download the game.  Once downloaded the base game I downloaded in the following order: Stuff Packs, then game packs.

and last Expansion packs.  I believe the weather expansion was the last to load. Now I get the error message:

The Sims 4 is already running [ed35e0ea:29f00e76:00000000:18a1dd51]

I checked with my task manager and it only showed Origin playing.  I tried rebooting, and same results.

Here are my specifics:

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? latest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed?I have currently: The Sims 4 Deluxe, 
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? no idea
What happens when the bug occurs? Unable to play game
What do you expect to see? The game starting
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? After I download the game and related expansion. game and stuff packs

Message 7 of 11 (739 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@QueenSher 

Please read the accepted answer in this thread.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 8 of 11 (700 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How do you fix the problem on a Mac?

Message 9 of 11 (611 Views)

@Miss_lazy26  Please post the full specs of your Mac, as described here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting...

And please describe the exact issue you're having.  I can move your post to the Mac section, either in its own thread or in one of the master threads for the current issues in macOS.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 10 of 11 (605 Views)