error code it is recommend that you relaunch your game?!

by omgitsmeadow

Original Post

error code it is recommend that you relaunch your game?!

★★★★ Novice

Since June 15th I haven't played the sims, so I cleaned out my mods folder for the new update so my game and mods wouldn't be broken before I updated the game. Well, when my game updated and I went into CAS just fine, created a household, etc. When I moved them in and hit play the loading screen came up and when it was done loading it went to manage worlds, I didn't think much of it just a glitch. Then I clicked play again and it brought me back to manage worlds, but this time with a note. So i relaunched my game like it recommended but it did the same thing so I got rid of my mods, repaired my game, nothing had changed, I delete my game, and installed it again, still nothing! I haven't been able to play at all please help?!

Message 1 of 6 (25,527 Views)

Re: error code it is recommend that you relaunch your game?!

Hero

Hi @omgitsmeadow

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (25,506 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have the same STRESSFUL problem too! But I keep having Error Code 110 or 115 which is a lot more worse for me. I tried repairing the GAME and remove OUTDATED mods/CCs but it still doesn’t work. What am I doing wrong? 

Message 3 of 6 (25,378 Views)

Hero

Hi @BoyCarat17 

have you tried the factory reset method described above ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (25,351 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

But how do I back it up??????:

Message 5 of 6 (21,974 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @pudd1973,

Good question. It's always good to have a back-up in case anything goes unexpectedly. To do this, head to Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 and copy the file. Paste it onto your desktop. 

I'll lock this thread here as it's a bit of an oldie but if you're still having this issue after trying the advice in here, please pop open a new thread. 

Thanks, 

EA_Lanna 

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 6 of 6 (21,960 Views)