eco living

by StormGuardian86

Original Post

eco living

★★ Novice

I have been playing the new Eco Living content and I have noticed a bug. It seems ALL of the swinging style doors are broken from that content and my sim is trapped outside unable to get into his house. I have gone through all of the new Eco Living doors and the only ones that seem to work are the sliding doors. What makes it even more strange is that fact that it was working fine and then when I sent him outside to tend to beetles and then tried to send him inside for a meal, he wasn't able to get inside again.

I have moved things to make sure there is no objects in the way to stop him going through the door, so I am unsure what the issue is or how access is denied to his own home. He wen out that same door to get outside at tend to his beetles. I haven't test the same doors inside yet to see if they have suddenly got the same glitch, but getting in and out of the house now seems no longer possible unless I replace the front door with a sliding door. I had included some screen shots of 2 of the doors that seem to not work and one to show there is plenty of space around the door.

Message 1 of 5 (385 Views)

Re: eco living

Hero
@StormGuardian86 To be sure, are you using any mods cc in your game ?

Did you lock the doors in any way ?Did you also test non-eco doors ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (339 Views)

★★ Novice

@crinrict wrote:
@StormGuardian86To be sure, are you using any mods cc in your game ?

Did you lock the doors in any way ?Did you also test non-eco doors ?

This is a fresh game and I’ve not used any mods cc in this game. I’ve only used the Eco Living content in the build.

None of the doors are locked. All of the Eco Living Sliding doors seem to work, it’s just the swinging style doors (as shown in my screen shots) that suddenly stopped allowing my sim inside. I had been going in and out the door with not issues to tend to bugs, visit community lots and to collect mail.

the sim got hungry, so I clicked on the oven to have him make a meal. He walked to the back of the house, (no door there), and started to wave showing he couldn’t walk inside, I made him walk to the front door and tried to have him walk into the entry way and he still couldn’t get back inside.

I moved things away from the door incase they were too close, (even though they weren’t close enough), and all of the swinging style doors failed to let my sim inside, I then tried the Eco sliding doors which worked, but I didn’t try any other doors from my other content packs.

After I used a sliding door to let me sim in, I removed it, put a swinging door back on and tried again. That door let him out but he was blocked from getting back in again until I went back to a sliding Eco door. I found that rather odd.

Message 3 of 5 (319 Views)

Hero
@StormGuardian86 If you move to a different lot, does it also happen ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (302 Views)

★★ Novice

@crinrict wrote:
@StormGuardian86If you move to a different lot, does it also happen ?

I just went into the game and had my sim move house and purchase a new lot, which I bulldozed and make a quick little house and tested all of the swinging doors. They all seemed to be working on that basic build using only the Eco content. I didn't save the files and existed the game, went back to my saved file with the problem and tested the original swinging door. This time it seems to be working. I sent the sim away from the lot, had him return home and the door was still working.

I have no idea why it seems to be working today, but I had all these issues last night. I have also tested the other Eco swinging doors and they seem to be working again as well. Seems strange that the next morning they work again and yesterday I quite the game a few times to come back in to have the same issue.

Message 5 of 5 (257 Views)