dream home decorator gig bugs

by jeezulf

Original Post

dream home decorator gig bugs

★★★ Novice

Currently doing a level addition gig, but am unable to make any wall/build changes.

It is a 1 storey starter home, and I am assuming I am meant to add a first floor to it. I am able to delete the roof, but not make any additional changes on the first floor.

Lot is Crick Cabana in Willow Creek, no mods, game ver 1.75.125.1040

Message 1 of 8 (710 Views)

Re: dream home decorator gig bugs

Champion (Retired)

@jeezulf 

What is the exact gig description and what is the restrictions?

Also have you tried adding a basement?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 8 (687 Views)

★★★ Novice

I ended up having to quit the gig, I didn't try adding a basement. The restrictions stated that I could not make alterations except on the first floor. I wasn't able to build mode highlight any of the ground floor. When i tried to build a wall it came up red with the 'gig restrictions do not allow' message (words to that effect, anyway!).

Message 3 of 8 (681 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@jeezulf 

A level addition do not necessarily mean that you need to add a new level or put up walls Read the description carefully. I for instance had a level addition that said Arcade no new tiles and no walls. Easiest gig ever just added two Arcade machines in a vacant spot (I moved a few things around) plus a couple of computers. Result one ecstatic client. Job well done. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 8 (647 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@jpkarlsen I can't add anything, anywhere when I try to do level additions. My description will say restricted to top level, but when I try to add things to said level it won't let me. I literally can't place any item anywhere on the lot. It's so frustrating.
Message 5 of 8 (597 Views)

★★★ Novice

yeah, same issue, sounds like. I was just going to not do those gigs until the next update and see if they fix it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Message 6 of 8 (594 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@musicluvr420 

That is a known issue. There is a thread on it in the bug forum. You can work around by using the cheat bb.freebuild or you can send your sim alone. If the sims performance is at least good you should get a passed or better on the gig.

Message 7 of 8 (583 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@jpkarlsen Thank you! I thought I was on the bug forum :')
Message 8 of 8 (577 Views)