by rarityfanforever

Original Post

Highlighted

double bed side assignment

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? cats & dogs get to work strangerville outdoor retreat holiday vintage glamour luxury party
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? it's kinda random really, i don't have exact steps to find it, i'll explain better with the effects themselves
What happens when the bug occurs? when I assign a side of a base game double bed to my sim, and the other side to my other sim, more often than not, the game doesn't take into consideration one of the settings i put in, or when it finally does and both sims are showing up as owners of the bed, selecting the bed and hovering on the "sleep" option will make "this it (other sim's name)'s bed!" appear, regardless of which side i pick! once I assign the sides, if i save and close the game, when i'll open it back up the assigned sides will be gone and i'll have to assign them yet again
What do you expect to see? I expect the bed to actually keep the settings i give it ont he first try and not to force me to set it back twenty times, and for the game to actualy react to which side i'm picking instead of yelling at me for picking the left side when i picked the right side as well as the settings to keep existing after a save
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I first found this when playing around with mods, and assumed it was caused by an outdated mod, so I removed everything from my mods folder and restarted my game, nothing changed.
I repaired my game via Origin's repair option, it didn't change anything
I tried making a new save and testing it there, it still occured.

I asked other users about it and they told me they also have this issue on beds that come from old packs, in my case I'm only testing base game beds.

hoping to find solutions soon...

Message 1 of 11 (4,255 Views)

Re: double bed side assignment

Hero
@rarityfanforever Could you maybe list some of the beds you have issues with ? So far it's been working fine for me

Any Vamps involved ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (4,197 Views)

Hero
@rarityfanforever Tagging to see my questions.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 11 (4,155 Views)

Hero
@rarityfanforever Moving this to tech issues for further troubleshooting and info

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 11 (4,119 Views)

★★★ Newbie

bumping this cause im dealing with exact same issue. 100% of the time, sims cant sleep together as the second sim to get into bed is confused as to why the other sim in in the bed already.

hoping for a fix soon as i pretty much cant play my game at all now, unless i place a 2nd bed somewhere on the lot for second sim to sleep in.

Message 5 of 11 (4,081 Views)

Hero
@iamaham Do you have the bed against the wall ? Does it matter which bed you're using ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 11 (4,033 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hello, sorry for delay 

I do have it against a wall, and it occurs with every double bed I've tested

I don't have vampires in my game though I do have aliens, but I've rested this strictly with humans as I'm aware occults can be glitchy

(edited because I sent too fast) 

Message 7 of 11 (4,020 Views)

Hero
@rarityfanforever There's a known issue if you put it against the wall.

Make sure each side is free and accessible

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 11 (3,983 Views)

★ Apprentice

Having a similar thing happening after the September 3rd 2020 patch. Married sims who share a bed can't sleep together. Sims who are assigned to the right side of the bed simply won't sleep or nap on their assigned side. When I click on their side to take a nap or go to sleep they go to their partner's side instead, waking them up if they're already napping or sleeping. I've temporarily placed single beds for now, but I'm just losing hope that this will get fixed. Yes I have mods, but I've tried this without mods and the problem persists. 

Message 9 of 11 (3,403 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This a happening to me too, The only options that come up on my double beds are sleep, nap, and relax, I have no idea why its doing that, and I've been trying to fix it for so long.

Message 10 of 11 (1,892 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help