dont get the new things i downlode from the store

by sunnybunny98

Original Post

dont get the new things i downlode from the store

★★★ Newbie

when i try to downlode some things from https://www.thesims3.com/exchange, i get that its downloded, but when i go in my game the things are not there

Message 1 of 4 (470 Views)

Re: dont get the new things i downlode from the store

@sunnybunny98  After downloading, did you install the files through the launcher?  They don't install automatically.  Check the launcher's Installed Content tab to see whether the files are listed.  If not, go to Downloads, check the box next to just one of the files, and press Install, then check your game to see whether the content shows up.  If it does, you can install everything else, but it's best to add only a few items at a time.  When you've confirmed that those items are installed properly, you can add more.

If you've installed everything already but it doesn't show up in-game, you may have a corrupt .dbc file in DCCache.  These files are bundled custom content, and a corrupt one can prevent you from installing anything new.  It's simple enough to fix, but the easiest way will depend on whether you already have custom content you want to keep.  Let me know whether you do, and I'll write out the instructions.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (466 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey. I have dowloded them in the game. But they dont want to show up in-game. So can u help me get them there. I alteady have some custom content i want to keep

Message 3 of 4 (457 Views)

@sunnybunny98  Okay, the first step is to open the launcher and uninstall everything that isn't working.  You should see the option in the Installed Content tab.

Next, pull your entire TS3 game folder out of Documents and onto your desktop.  Launch the game—no need to go past the Main Menu—and a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Go back to the Exchange, and download just one of the new files you want.  Install it and see whether it works in your game; just start a new save and have a look.  If it doesn't, it's possible that there's something wrong with the file, or that it uses content from packs you don't have installed.  In either of those cases, there's no real way to add it to your game.

If the file works, you can download and install the rest of the Exchange items you want.  It's best to handle them in batches of no more than six files at a time—the launcher doesn't handle large amounts of data very well.  When you've installed and tested everything, it's time to move the new content into your old game folder.

Inside your new game folder, open Library, grab all the new files, and transfer them to Library inside your old game folder.  Do the same with SavedSims, if there's anything in there.  (These files are for sims saved to the Create a Sim bin, so you might not have any.)  If you installed a world, the file will be in InstalledWorlds; transfer it over too.

Finally, you'll have at least one new .dbc file in DCCache.  (You shouldn't have any new .ebc files unless you also installed store content, but the same principle applies.)  Look at the .dbc files in your old game folder.  They'll be numbered in order, starting with zero.  You'll need to renumber your new file to one higher than the highest number in your old folder.  So if your old folder has dcdb0.dbc through dcdb4.dbc, your new file should be dcdb5.dbc.  Then you can add it to DCCache in your old folder as well.

Finally, delete the new game folder, put your old one back in Documents\EA, and check your game to make sure the Exchange items still show up.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (454 Views)