don't get notification for baby's birthday

by megzdotgif

Original Post

don't get notification for baby's birthday

★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? parenthood, cats and dogs, and the free holiday pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? not sure to be honest
What happens when the bug occurs? baby stays a baby until i age it up
What do you expect to see? normally you would get a notification that it's the baby's birthday after 3 sim days
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

i was trying to do the 100 baby challenge but i can't age up the babies because i never get a notification. EX: she is pregnant. has the baby. gets pregnant again (right after she has the first baby), the second baby is born while the first baby is still a baby and no notification has popped up about a birthday

mods/cc isn't an issue because i've played without mods/cc and it was still doing it

Message 1 of 9 (1,939 Views)

Re: don't get notification for baby's birthday

★★★★ Pro

I'm quite sure that you can age up the baby at any time you want. Click on the bassinet and then on "more" when the options show.

Message 2 of 9 (1,930 Views)

Hero

Is it just the babies ?

As @alanmichael1  you can just age them up manually any time you like but there def. used to be a message and auto-aging as well.

I tend to age them up right away now cause they get on my nerves fast, so I'm unsure if there's still a message or not.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 9 (1,912 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

yes you can age them up whenever you want. but for the challenge the rules say that you can't age the baby up until you get the notification

Message 4 of 9 (1,902 Views)

Hero
The message is just missing for babies for you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 9 (1,880 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I just got a baby birthday notification one day in advance, so it seems to be working correctly.

Message 6 of 9 (1,837 Views)

Hero

Moving this to tech issues for further troubleshooting and info, @megzdotgif 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 9 (1,788 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Im also doing the 100 baby challenge right now and I noticed that no notifications pop up for my babies birthday. I have Seasons so I have the calander. Noramlly in the calander it tells you when the birthdays occur, but it does on mine anymore. I had my first baby about 1 Sim year ago and Im on baby number 3. and my first baby is still a baby. I cant cope with these babies anymore, its just to much now. I have looked in the settings for a hour now, so please if you know how to make this stop.

Message 8 of 9 (1,191 Views)

Hero
@AmelkaF10 Are you using mods/cc ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 9 (1,179 Views)