Re: does custom content crash your game

by GuadalupeNunya

Original Post

Accepted Solution

does custom content crash your game

★★★★ Novice

so i downloaded some cc, but im scared if i should keep them or not because some people say they contain viruses and make your game crash worse

Message 1 of 4 (3,686 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Apprentice

If the content is working for you now, then the only times you really need to worry about it crashing your game is when The Sims 4 has an update. When The Sims 4 updates, just go to the Sims 4 folder and move the Mods folder to your desktop. After the update is done, you can move it back.

I can't guarantee that all of the CC out there is virus-free since CC is created by hundreds and hundreds of people all over the world, so I can only say this from personal experience. Just make sure you trust the download source and scan your computer regularly. Make sure that the CC you install is the correct file type, as well (usually .package).

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (3,771 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Apprentice

If the content is working for you now, then the only times you really need to worry about it crashing your game is when The Sims 4 has an update. When The Sims 4 updates, just go to the Sims 4 folder and move the Mods folder to your desktop. After the update is done, you can move it back.

I can't guarantee that all of the CC out there is virus-free since CC is created by hundreds and hundreds of people all over the world, so I can only say this from personal experience. Just make sure you trust the download source and scan your computer regularly. Make sure that the CC you install is the correct file type, as well (usually .package).

Message 2 of 4 (3,772 Views)

★★★★ Novice

thank you a lot it works just fine tho Standard smile 

Message 3 of 4 (3,657 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Yes, in my own experience they do. I'm not saying this because I'm against sims, (which I kind of am now after what has happened, with no warning) I'm just saying it because it's true.

Message 4 of 4 (3,634 Views)