delete files from cloud

by jeraa4

Original Post

delete files from cloud

★★ Novice

Sims 3 after clicking the origin icon says that my cloud storage is full and that I should launch the game and delete files. I am not showing any files to delete. I have neither uploaded nor downloaded anything. How do you delete files from the cloud?

Message 1 of 6 (5,478 Views)

Re: delete files from cloud

★ Pro

This is the information that EA released about Origin's Cloud:

Cloud Storage

What is cloud storage?
Our cloud storage feature houses your in-game progress file in the “cloud”—on EA’s secure global computing network—so you can pick up right where you left off from any Origin-enabled computer. It’s also a helpful backup for locally saved games.

How do I enable cloud storage?
Cloud saves can be enabled through the Origin client:
Launch the Origin client and log in to your account.
Select Application Settings… from the Origin menu.
Scroll down to Origin Beta Participation and check the box next to “Enable cloud storage for all supported games.”
Click Done to save your changes.

How much can I save to the cloud?
Origin gives you up to 100MB of storage per game.

Message 2 of 6 (5,477 Views)

★ Pro

I don't know how to delete files from Origin's Cloud, but if you disable that option then you should be able to play normally. Scroll down to Origin Beta Participation on the Application Settings and uncheck the box next to “Enable cloud storage for all supported games.”

Message 3 of 6 (5,474 Views)

★★ Novice

The idea of storage in the cloud is to allow access to your game on another device. But how? Perhaps the files could be downloaded to another computer or thumb drive. What is the procedure? Information is sparse. 

Message 4 of 6 (5,471 Views)

★ Pro

I've never used Origin's cloud, the only information that I found was the one that I posted in the previous response. I'll ask the other helpers if they know anything.

Message 5 of 6 (5,468 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Did you install the game on another computer and just check if it was availbe to play ?

I think what they mean is that you delete old savegames from within the game.

TBH, I would just turn if off. If you want to play the same game on another computer, just go to saves in documents\electronicarts\thesims3 and copy the whole folder with your savegame to your other computer.

100 MB per game is really not a whole lot.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (5,464 Views)