debug constantly showing up without cheats on

by colimbae

Original Post

Accepted Solution

debug constantly showing up without cheats on

★★★ Newbie

Unmodded game, nearly every build/buy category is full of debug items without cheats on. unable to remove the debug/live edit objects by using cheats. for example, the fridge category is full of debug plates, meals, fruit, vegetables. the rubbish bin category is full of debug rubbish piles and bags, and broken objects. the various decor categories are full of live edit world objects

Message 1 of 18 (3,674 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: debug constantly showing up without cheats on

Hero

Hi @colimbae 

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • ConfigOverride, if you have your own configuration files.
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 4 of 18 (3,582 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@colimbae Does that also happen if you start a new game for testing purposes ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 18 (3,649 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yeah, it's happening in all my saves, new and old. I made one today and it also had the same issue

Message 3 of 18 (3,598 Views)

Hero

Hi @colimbae 

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • ConfigOverride, if you have your own configuration files.
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 18 (3,583 Views)

★★★ Newbie

That worked! debug is no longer clogging up build/buy! thank you @crinrict 

Message 5 of 18 (3,536 Views)

Hero
@colimbae Glad to hear :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 18 (3,516 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I am having this same issue. I reset my game how the instructions said to and it's still happening. Debug items at the top of every category even though they are not enabled. I don't know what else to do.

Message 7 of 18 (2,256 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Have you tried repairing the game and then restarting your computer?

Message 8 of 18 (2,242 Views)

Hero
@savpurkey Did it also happen before you put back anything on a new save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 18 (2,193 Views)

★ Novice

I was having this issue after removing Tmex - Better Build Buy from my mods folder, for some reason after removing it from your game files, it forces both debug and live objects to stay active at all times.

If you use this mod, it may be getting caused by that. To fix it repair your game files or reinstall the mod, the bug doesn't occur when it is in your files, only after it has been removed. 

Both of these fixes currently work for this precise issue.

Message 10 of 18 (1,991 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help