Re: custom content not downloading

by Emeraldstarlight

Original Post

Accepted Solution

custom content not downloading

★★ Novice

about a month ago I bought almost the full set of the sims 3 on discs. installed them in order and such. when I logged in I was delighted to see that it still had the custom content I had years ago. last week I crashed the game by accident and redid the clean install, now the custom content doesn't show up anymore.

no, these aren't mods, these were items and such from the community or official EA content such as the ford promotion stuff

Message 1 of 4 (613 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

problem resolved.

after logging in on the launcher and the website, I found the option of owned content on my account.

once downloaded I was able to install it via the launcher

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (424 Views)

All Replies

@Emeraldstarlight  Please make sure you're adding the content to the same Sims 3 user data folder the game is reading.  You can tell by the last modified date on the file labeled deviceconfig.log: each time you launch the game, this file is refreshed.  So if your deviceconfig has an older date than the last time you played, there's a second folder somewhere on your computer.  You can search This PC for "deviceconfig" to try to find it.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (566 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

just to clarify, the content was from

https://www.thesims3.com/exchange

last time it downloaded automatically when I set up, now its gone

Message 3 of 4 (562 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

problem resolved.

after logging in on the launcher and the website, I found the option of owned content on my account.

once downloaded I was able to install it via the launcher

Message 4 of 4 (425 Views)