Re: created a sim, cant move in ANYWHERE or click anything and says i have 0 fun

by camsin

Original Post

created a sim, cant move in ANYWHERE or click anything and says i have 0 funds

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? the most recent. i check for new updates everyday.
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? city living get to work
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? download cc and create a sim using the cc, go press play and try to move in somehwere.
What happens when the bug occurs? i cant move in when i create a sim and press play no matter what ive tried. i tried everything
What do you expect to see? be able to actually move in somewhere and play the game thanks.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Spoiler
created a sim, says i have 0 funds and cant move in anywhere.

i downloaded some cc, the game worked and i went into create a sim and made a girl. i just started playing after not playing for a while so i had no other saved households or ANYTHING. so, i finished making her, and i went to go move her into a household in San Myshuno. it then proceeded to tell me that i had "0 funds" and this weird little picture of an alpaca with wings (i don't know why or how, because it wasn't there at any time before i made the girl.) kept popping up all over some of the houses and i couldn't click on ANYTHING or move her in. it wouldn't let me move her in anywhere and then when i try to go back, if i haven't saved her to my library already, it will delete her and give me a whole new sim in Create a Sim. so since then i saved her to my library and now i don't have to keep REMAKING HER at least. i deleted some cc that could have caused the problem and it did not work. i tried pressing "repair" on origin for the sims 4 and waited literally a half hour and it still did not work. i tried creating a sim with NO CC and putting her in a house  and it STILL didn't work. i even tried deleting and re downloading the game and it didn't work. i just cannot place any sim after i create one and its getting me very angry and impatient . i literally called EA and that didn't work either LOL. my computer wont let me take a screenshot of that weird alpaca thing so just pleASE believe me when i explain it and try to imagine it. please i need help i love this game and i wanna play but nothing is working HELP.

Message 1 of 5 (10,506 Views)

Re: created a sim, cant move in ANYWHERE or click anything and says i have 0 fun

★★★★ Apprentice

Have you tried removing all your mods and CC from the game and then creating a Sim to move in?  Whether you create a Sim with CC or not doesn't matter if the CC you have installed in your game is faulty or not compatible.

Move your entire mods folder to your desktop and then try creating a Sim and moving them into a lot.  If that works, it means you have faulty CC and will need to find out which one is causing the issue.

Message 2 of 5 (10,480 Views)

★★★ Newbie

okay i will try in the morning . 

Message 3 of 5 (10,477 Views)

Hero

Moving this to the tech section for troubleshooting

Please only use the bug section for issues happening on vanilla games.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (10,462 Views)

★★ Pro

@taram2501

If playing with mods and custom content, move your mods folder to the desktop, clear your game cache and delete the localthumbcache.package from the Sims 4 folder to help with troubleshooting.

Try playing the game again to test without the mods folder. If it loads okay, it may be that some of the mods/cc have become outdated.

How to Delete Cache Files
https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/

Custom content can become outdated with most new game patches. If the game works when the Mods folder is removed, then one or more of the mods and/or custom content has become outdated and will need to be removed or replaced. EA/Maxis aren't responsible for broken mods/cc. It's up to the creators to fix.

Disabling or turning off both mod/cc options isn't enough of a test.

Try the 50/50 method:

1. Move all the mods and cc out into a temporary folder on the desktop.
2. Move a few files back at a time. Load the game to make sure it loads and everything is good.
3. Delete the localthumbcache.package from the Sims 4 folder.
4. Repeat steps 1 - 3 till there is no more files to check.

** While your testing, don't save the game. If you find any problems, delete the mod or custom content file.

How To Find Problem Mods and CC
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS4_Finding_Problem_Custom_Content

Message 5 of 5 (10,449 Views)