Re: crashing when using SRWE and GSHADE

by Ingvala

Original Post

crashing when using SRWE and GSHADE

★★ Novice

I know this is not a mod issue, I have tested multiple times with and without mods.

I use GSHADE in my game occasionally, and I like to use SRWE to take higher quality screenshots. Before the last patch I had no issues with it at all, but after that patch my game started crashing any time I tried to use SRWE to make the screen resolution bigger while I had GSHADE installed. If GSHADE is uninstalled, SRWE works with no issues. I have asked people in the GSHADE support forums but no one there could help me either.

Anyone know what could be causing these crashes or do I just have to wait for another patch and hope that patch fixes things?

Message 1 of 7 (2,127 Views)

Hero
@deadmallgoth Moving this to the tech forum. Hopefully someone here can assist you with this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (2,095 Views)

@deadmallgoth 

If the last patch broke SRWE in conjunction with GSHADE the only people that could do something about that are the developers of SRWE or GSHADE.

If they are of no help here, there are plenty of other tools that work similar to GSHADE, ReShade, the NVIDIA GeForce Experience Filters and more. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 3 of 7 (2,036 Views)

★★ Novice

I've managed to workaround SRWE by using geforce experience instead, but that still doesn't solve other crashing issues I have been having. I've reached out to GSHADE support as well and no one there seems to be able to help me either. So I thought I'd come here and see if there's anything anyone here might know. I genuinely do not know if the issue is GSHADE or the game itself. But I do know a lot of other people using both GSHADE and SRWE and not experiencing any issues, in fact I don't know anyone else who is experiencing issues. So I'm just a bit at a loss and confused.

Message 4 of 7 (2,008 Views)

@deadmallgoth 

Create a DxDiag in text file format and post it with your next reply. You can do that  with the "Choose file" button at the bottom right corner of the reply window. 

Then preform a clean boot and test the Game in clean boot mode.

Make sure your virus scanner and other security software and also Afterburner and similar software as well as GSHADE and SRWE are disabled.

Make also sure that your GPU & CPU are not overclocked.

If the game is still crashing we know its not an issue with the tools. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 5 of 7 (1,988 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue! It's so irritating since everyone else seems to love g-shade - but it makes my game crash (even tho i run it on a high end computer). Hope someone finds a solution to this, 

Message 6 of 7 (1,968 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Was this ever solved??? I’m having the same problem!

Message 7 of 7 (729 Views)