Re: Cottage Living won't download

by baileedoherty

Original Post

Accepted Solution

cottage living saying unlocked

★★ Novice

I purchased cottage living on Friday and I have yet to get it to work. It showed it downloaded but when I try to play its not there at all. I then noticed to says unlocked and not installed so now I'm thinking it didn't install. Im completely lost on what to do. Ive talked to support they were no help. Ive tried everything I could find/ think of doing and its still not working.

Message 2 of 10 (825 Views)

Accepted Solution

@baileedoherty  Don't worry about the EP11 folder; it's irrelevant here.  The problem is that you're running the Legacy Edition of Sims 4, and the LE doesn't support any packs released after October 2019.

If you're not sure whether your computer can support the standard version of Sims 4, please list its full specs: everything under About This Mac except for the serial number.

If you do in fact need to run the LE, you can request a refund from EA customer support.  Even though Sims 4 packs are not generally eligible for refunds, support often makes an exception in this case.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 5 of 10 (773 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

Im having the same issue and I've tried everything and its still not working. Ive even talked to support and they were no help I don't know what to do now.

Message 1 of 10 (823 Views)

[ Edited ]

@baileedoherty  Do you have an EP11 folder within the game's installed files?  Unless you changed the default install location in Origin, the full file path will be:

Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4

Please also list your game version.  Load the game to the Main Menu, where you can choose to load a save or start a new one, and look along the bottom of the screen, or in the lower right corner.  Please list the entire version number, i.e. 1.xx.xxx.xxxx.

Message 3 of 10 (801 Views)

★★ Novice

Im not sure what an EP11 folder would be or where I would find out. I haven't changed anything in origin. would it be in origin or in my computers folders?

My game version is 1.77.131.1630

Message 4 of 10 (787 Views)

@baileedoherty  Don't worry about the EP11 folder; it's irrelevant here.  The problem is that you're running the Legacy Edition of Sims 4, and the LE doesn't support any packs released after October 2019.

If you're not sure whether your computer can support the standard version of Sims 4, please list its full specs: everything under About This Mac except for the serial number.

If you do in fact need to run the LE, you can request a refund from EA customer support.  Even though Sims 4 packs are not generally eligible for refunds, support often makes an exception in this case.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

Message 5 of 10 (774 Views)

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict I have the macOS High Sierra. version 10.13.6. late 2009. processor 3.6 GHz into core 2 duo. Memory 8Gb 1067 MHz DDR3. Graphics TIRadeon HD 4670 256 MB
Message 6 of 10 (764 Views)

@baileedoherty  Yes, unfortunately you're stuck with the Legacy Edition.  Hopefully you'll be able to get a refund for Cottage Living.

Message 7 of 10 (747 Views)

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict yep, thank you for your help. I was able to get a refund.
Message 8 of 10 (737 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi Bailee, 

I have had the same issue and spoken to about 6 different ea help members... all of which told me so many different things to try and now none of my sims work!. very frustrating.

Glad you got a refund!

Message 9 of 10 (715 Views)

@Ginamotz94  What game version do you have?  Load the game to the Main Menu, where you can choose to load a save or start a new one, and look along the bottom of the screen, or in the lower right corner.  Please list the entire version number, i.e. 1.xx.xxx.xxxx.

Message 10 of 10 (704 Views)