by lola1b

Original Post

Re: cottage living broke game

★★★★★ Novice

nope, its still the same im hoping they do some update or something to fix this

Message 11 of 21 (685 Views)

[ Edited ]

@lola1b  Within each save, there is an "Other Households" category that includes sims that don't live anywhere in the world.  Normally this would include special sims like Father Winter as well as random NPC sims added to make the world feel busier.  However, if there are too many sims in this category, they can collectively take up enough resources to grind the game engine to a halt.

To see the list, go to Map View, then click Manage Households in the upper right corner.  Click Other Households, and you'll see all the sims you haven't played.  Under Show, uncheck the "All Households" box, so you don't also see residents of the various worlds.  Then check "Unplayed Households" and "Not in World."  This would normally bring up a list of maybe a couple dozen sims: Father Winter, the Realm of Magic sages, Baby Ariel, etc.  The question is how many sims are on this list.  If it's a very large number, that could account for the lag.

@bethxuxxj  Same question to you.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 12 of 21 (660 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I have this issue - there are hundreds upon hundreds of 'homeless' Not In World NPC's showing as blank households & I've spent the past couple of hours manually deleting them one-by-one.

Do you know if there's anything else I can do to save my favourite save file from this lagging?

Message 13 of 21 (640 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Ok so I see a lot of families. I'm guessing I have to delete one by one. This is ridiculous though, is there a way to prevent this bug from happening?? Thanks again for your help <3

Message 14 of 21 (627 Views)

@lola1b  We're still trying to figure out why this happens.  If you delete all the extra households, then play with no mods installed, do the extras come back?  You could also test on a backup copy of your save, one that (hopefully) doesn't yet have the extras.  You'd know it by its much smaller file size; use the manual method of recovering a save described here:

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/recover-backup-save-game/

If you're willing to share your save, we'd love to have a look.  (It's not a problem if you'd prefer not to.)  Here's how to share it:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-does-this-forum-work/m-p/7368675#M181741

You can delete all homeless sims at once with MCCC.  These instructions were for the Father Winter issue that showed up last November, but the process should work equally well here.

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2020/11/father-winter-doesnt-appear-at-winterfest-endless-generation-...

@loulou3686  The same goes for you as well.

Message 15 of 21 (608 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

So does it mean even if I fix it for now the problem will come back? I had an auto clicker on for hours deleting the households. I did the recover thing on the save and I'm attaching it here, but its still doing the same exact thing. Do you think the problem will keep happening until EA fixes it? Should I just not touch the game until after some patch comes out?

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 16 of 21 (598 Views)

@lola1b  This is really important: are you seeing more blank households generated with no mods installed at all?

Message 17 of 21 (586 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

the game lags even without mods, and even without any of those households. i checked one save file and it has 0 of those households and yet it still lagged the same way. im just going to uninstal this game and get my money back this is beyond ridiculous, thanks for trying to help anyway i appreciate it

Message 18 of 21 (574 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@lola1b Hi if you are still having this issue while using MCCC mod then you can remove the MCCC mod with a new save game, everything will be back to normal. I had that lagging issue like you and I tried it that way, it worked. Have a nice day Standard smile
Message 19 of 21 (541 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

so if anyone comes across this i think there is a solution and it is to NOT have your house be in the new neighborhood. I started a game in a different neighborhood, same sim, same mods, same lot even, it seems to work ok so far. so try that. 

Message 20 of 21 (446 Views)