Re: cooking problems

by jordantan05

Original Post

Accepted Solution

cooking problems

★ Apprentice

As the subject or title suggests,im having a problem cooking, to be more specific i am unable to cook some certain meals e.g goopy cabonara, hotdogs and fruit parfait (current known meals unable to be cooked i will post more meals here if needed) as my sim will carry the tray of ingredients downstairs (even if i have an oven) to the mailbox and do the animation and voiceline where he is blocked by an object then put down the ingredients and do any furhter actions that i asked him to do. I have moved the oven to different sides everytime and it doesn't work, i could also cook the meals i have mentioned in the past except fruit parfait as this was the first time cooking it and is how i discovered the bug and if it helps my family lives at ocean vista 2br 2ba maybe the place has some poor programming

Message 1 of 6 (1,053 Views)

Accepted Solution

@jordantan05  Okay, it sounds like it's either a stuck object or a routing issue with the kitchen—perhaps there's an invisible action jig left behind from a previous action (usually a conversation between two sims) that's getting in the way.  It can be hard to find these jigs without mods, although bulldozing and replacing the house would do it.  The usual fix is to go to Edit Town, evict your sims, save a copy of the house to the in-game bin, bulldoze the lot, replace the house, and move the sims back in.  If you do this all in one Edit Town session, without saving your sims to the bin and replacing them, they'll keep their jobs and relationships but lose their promised wishes and opportunities.

Before you go that drastic route though, it's easy enough to test some intermediate fixes.  I'd try things in more or less this order:

• Move the... is it a coffee maker?... that's currently next to the fridge, maybe put it in inventory if you're not using it
  • Move the pots and pans hanging over the microwave
  • Move the blender to a different countertop, or to inventory if that doesn't help
  • Do the same with the microwave
  • Buy a new countertop and place it on the other side of the fridge
  • Move the fridge, or buy a new one and sell the old one (in that order), and put the new one in a different place
  • Buy a new fridge, stove, and two countertops, place them in the yard, and have a sim cook there

You can do this all at once; since you don't need to save your progress, it doesn't really matter how much money you spend experimenting.  If you find an intervention that works, you can quit without saving, reload, and just repeat that one step without the others.  If the only thing that helps is placing the equipment in the yard, then you might need to redo the whole kitchen, and use money cheats to restore the family funds if you want.  If redoing the kitchen doesn't help, then the only non-mod fix left is bulldozing and replacing the house.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 5 of 6 (976 Views)

All Replies

@jordantan05  What world is that house in, and have you rearranged anything since your sim moved in?  I can take a look at it myself later today.  What happens if you add another countertop somewhere inside the house?  Is this a problem just for the one sim, or are other sims affected too?

Message 2 of 6 (1,017 Views)

★ Apprentice

"what world is that house in" its in sunset valley I think it used to be the frio's house before i moved in

"and have you rearranged anything since your sim moved in" yes but i dont really know how to describe but i will post a screenshot of my rearranged layout and the original layout if needed

"what happens if you add another countertop" I have not tested it yet i will get back to you with an answer later

"is this a problem just for the one sim or are other sims affected too?" yes all my sims are affected by this issue plumbot as well

Message 3 of 6 (1,001 Views)

★ Apprentice

Here are the screenshots

screenshot 860 is mine

screeenshot 861 is the original layout

Message 4 of 6 (993 Views)

@jordantan05  Okay, it sounds like it's either a stuck object or a routing issue with the kitchen—perhaps there's an invisible action jig left behind from a previous action (usually a conversation between two sims) that's getting in the way.  It can be hard to find these jigs without mods, although bulldozing and replacing the house would do it.  The usual fix is to go to Edit Town, evict your sims, save a copy of the house to the in-game bin, bulldoze the lot, replace the house, and move the sims back in.  If you do this all in one Edit Town session, without saving your sims to the bin and replacing them, they'll keep their jobs and relationships but lose their promised wishes and opportunities.

Before you go that drastic route though, it's easy enough to test some intermediate fixes.  I'd try things in more or less this order:

• Move the... is it a coffee maker?... that's currently next to the fridge, maybe put it in inventory if you're not using it
  • Move the pots and pans hanging over the microwave
  • Move the blender to a different countertop, or to inventory if that doesn't help
  • Do the same with the microwave
  • Buy a new countertop and place it on the other side of the fridge
  • Move the fridge, or buy a new one and sell the old one (in that order), and put the new one in a different place
  • Buy a new fridge, stove, and two countertops, place them in the yard, and have a sim cook there

You can do this all at once; since you don't need to save your progress, it doesn't really matter how much money you spend experimenting.  If you find an intervention that works, you can quit without saving, reload, and just repeat that one step without the others.  If the only thing that helps is placing the equipment in the yard, then you might need to redo the whole kitchen, and use money cheats to restore the family funds if you want.  If redoing the kitchen doesn't help, then the only non-mod fix left is bulldozing and replacing the house.

Message 5 of 6 (977 Views)

★ Apprentice

Eh it doesn't matter since I decided to move houses, that place was glitchy as hell but thanks anyway

Message 6 of 6 (937 Views)